Bark Box

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by ku_alum, Jun 21, 2014.

1. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Jun 21, 2014

https://www.barkbox.com/

Very cool. Our first shipment arrived yesterday. 5 items.

Some of the profits go to shelter animals.

3. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Jun 21, 2014

It sounds like a really worthwhile cause!

I wish our dog would like something like that However, he doesn't like treats and doesn't play with toys.

His heart yearns for our geocaching trips.

4. EiffelTower

EiffelTower Comrade

Jun 29, 2014

I love Bark Box! I've been getting them since March and my pups love the new toys and treats!

5. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Jun 29, 2014

My friend is getting them and absolutely loves it. She says the toys have held up really well.

6. Em_Catz

Em_Catz Devotee

Jun 30, 2014

Aw, I wish this had existed when I still had my dog. His favorite chew toys were ones that looked like stuffed animals, but his vigorous play used to tear them up within a week or two. This would've been perfect :)

7. DrivingPigeon

DrivingPigeon Phenom

Jun 30, 2014

That's really cool. My puppy would probably love that, but my husband would think it was a waste of money (he's cheap!).

8. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Jun 30, 2014

I'm really picky about what treats I give my dogs, or I would try this.

9. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Jul 1, 2014

This is copy/pasted from their site:
    We have extremely high standards for all of the edible items we select for the boxes. All treats are sourced from the USA and Canada, and chews are sourced from the USA, Canada, South America, Australia and New Zealand. Rest assured, we would never send items we would not give our own very spoiled pups.

We don't include rawhide (or anything processed with formaldehyde). Minimal processing; no glycerin whenever possible; wheat, gluten, soy, corn, filler-free whenever possible; organic whenever possible. We are moving toward limited, if not single, ingredient products.

We have a special allergy-friendly BarkBox for pups who are allergic to beef, chicken, turkey, gluten, wheat, soy, and corn. The edible goodies in this BarkBox will not contain any of the above ingredients to help keep your pup's sensitive tummy happy!

10. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Jul 1, 2014

How does your doggie like the treats/toys?

11. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Jul 1, 2014

my dog would prob just play with the toys so it isn't a "good value" for us....he is picky when it comes to treats so I'll just buy him a random toy every now and then that's $5 or so along with his daily dog meat treat and he is happy. =)

12. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Jul 1, 2014

I keep seeing this on Facebook and would love to order it. My dog would love the treats and toys but he has too many toys already and I have started making his treats.

13. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

Jul 1, 2014

How durable are the toys? My dog eats EVERYTHING! I can usually only get her "Kong"brand because she destroys all the others.

14. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Jul 1, 2014

They got their first box last week. They loved all the treats (they are not picky). The chew bone isn't their "style" so they don't chew it unless I stuff it with treats (though I guess that was the intention).

15. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Jul 1, 2014

So far, the only "toy" they sent was a stuff-able chew bone. It isn't something Abby or Boo would destroy, but they aren't destroyers unless it is one that is meant to be edible.

We haven't received, yet, a squeaky toy. Squeakys last a long time around here.

Nylabones are what Abby and Boo prefer. They have 2 Kongs, but they aren't interested unless they are stuffed. Nylabone, on the other hand, is used a LOT (we sometimes take it away from Boo because she will go for hours!)

16. EiffelTower

EiffelTower Comrade

Jul 1, 2014

Is it the off white bone that has the three colored holders for treats in the middle? If so, I got that a couple months ago and one dog is obsessed with it! He will sit there for hours, trying to get to the treats and hasn't destroyed it yet.

All of the toys have been very durable. Some are more popular than others, but I just share the ones my dogs don't play with much with other doggie parent friends. Out of 4 boxes, I've only had to share one toy.

17. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Jul 2, 2014

Nope. This one is orange. I can't remember the brand name that was on the tag.

18. BumbleB

BumbleB Habitué

Jul 2, 2014

I used to get Bark Boxes for my pup, but then had to cut them due to needing the money for other expenses. I'm thinking about buying them again because my dog loved EVERYTHING in them. He's a toy destroyer, and he still has some of the toys from the Bark Boxes he received a year ago. They're usually very high quality, durable toys.