Baptism for a 7 year old?

Discussion in 'Prayer Request Forum' started by Starista, May 5, 2006.

1. Starista

Starista Cohort

May 5, 2006

A student of mine (we teach at a Catholic school) is getting Baptized this Sunday which is very special. :) I have no children of my own (yet!), but wish to get her something special for her Baptism. Would a book of Bible stories be OK? Or a children's CD of Bible stories/songs? Or should I get her something more special? Her mother has been VERY supportive/helpful to me this year so I want to get her something very special. Please let me know what you think!!

PS. Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but I have been wracking brain about what to get this child!!

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

May 5, 2006

I usually use this more for graduation, but how about a copy of Dr Seuss's "Oh, the Places You'll Go?" She can probably get through most of the words, it won't break your bank, and you could include a nice inscription about her journey through her faith.

4. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

May 5, 2006

Do you have any Catholic Supply Stores nearby? They usually have small token gifts that you could give also. A nice card with a hearfelt note and something small would be appropriate. I collect Precious Moments Figurines... some people dont like them, but that would be a nice gift.

5. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

May 5, 2006

Precious Momemnts figurines are wonderful. Otherwise, a chain and cross would be nice.

6. teach123

teach123 Cohort

May 6, 2006

When my daughter got baptized my sister got her a willow tree angel. It was a very fitting gift.

7. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

May 6, 2006

Necklace with a dove on it
    Snow globe music box(my daughter got one for confirmation with a beautiful figure of Jesus in it walking on water and it plays Amazing Grace) It is beautiful. (I collect music boxes, so I guess I'm partial :) )

8. Starista

Starista Cohort

May 6, 2006

I went shopping today and purchased her a tiny cross necklace and a book of "Spritual Poetry" that also comes with a CD. I hope she likes it. :) Thanks muchly for all the ideas. God Bless you all!

9. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

May 6, 2006

Sounds like a wonderful gift.. :)