Baltimore City Public School Invite Only Job Fair!

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by TeachingTy2010, Jun 20, 2010.

1. TeachingTy2010

TeachingTy2010 Comrade

Jun 20, 2010

Who is going?

3. TeachingTy2010

TeachingTy2010 Comrade

Jun 20, 2010

Baltimore City Public School Job Fair...invite only...

Who is going? I was not officially invited...but a principal put me on the list!!

And if they don't let me in, I am gonna sneek in, its a shame people that want jobs have to do that.

4. shurweee

shurweee Rookie

Jun 20, 2010

Haha! I guess you have to do what you have to do :p Good luck!

5. To Teach

To Teach Rookie

Jun 20, 2010

TeachingTy2010
    DO NOT GO!!!
    This school district and the Prince Georges County School District are two districts you should STAY AWAY FROM. They make lots of promises and DO NOT KEEP them. Both school districts have a very hard time keeping teachers! I was interested in both school districts and was told by a friend who lived and worked for Prince Georges School District to stay away. Because she worked in the district office and saw first hand how they DO NOT SUPPORT their teachers. She also said the same thing about Baltimore. She asked me if I ever wondered why these two districts are always looking for teacher ALL YEAR LONG? ANd when I was interviewed for both districts I asked and they did not answer that question. You have to wonder what they are hiding? I was also told by a friend that worked in the Baltimore Schools that there are too many children in a classroom and most have behavioral problems. And there is no support from the principals or parents. I also wonder why in one classroom they had gone through three teachers in just one month. If you do go BECAREFUL.

6. newbie23

newbie23 Comrade

Jun 20, 2010

Last year I signed a letter of intent with BCPS after an interview at a job fair. Mind you I'm 6 hours away from Baltimore but at that point I was desperate and happy to have it as a back-up. I attempted to stay in contact with the district and principal (high school) who interviewed me throughout the summer but kept getting a busy signal, put on hold or eventually told that they were still trying to find out which positions would be available. In April at the job fair I was told that there would definitely be positions open in my area so I wasn't worried.

In early August I finally got an email from the HR dept. informing me that there were no jobs available as they had all been filled internally and that the district was sorry for miscalculating the vacancies.

I got a job in my home state and the very next day, I received an email from a BCPS principal to schedule a phone interview for a K position and the following day they offered to pay for me to come for a 2nd grade interview.

Seems very unorganized but... at this point for some of the jobseekers, it may be worth a shot.

Good luck to all who go. Don't put all of your eggs in one basket but do not be discouraged by the experiences others have had. You might enjoy teaching for them very much.

7. TeachingTy2010

TeachingTy2010 Comrade

Jun 21, 2010

Wow!