ball games

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by punchinello, Sep 15, 2008.

1. punchinello

punchinello Comrade

Sep 15, 2008

I have a cute playground ball to use for circle activities. Problem is, I don't have any activity ideas...
    What are a couple of fun things we can do with this ball while we are sitting at circle time?

Thanks so much. By the way, I've spent the better part of this year's coming salary already. I have to learn to beg, borrow and steal more! Preschool teachers seem to be good scavengers. :)

3. sarzacsmom

sarzacsmom Groupie

Sep 15, 2008

you could ld use the ball like a talking stick-- only the person holdingit can talk, you could have the children pass it back and forth to each other and say the persons name as they pas it to them, you could hold onto it and say the alphabet and roll it to each child and have them say the next letter and then roll it back to you, you could play hot potato to improve listening skills or while you all count to 25 (or whatever number you choose) and whoever is holding it when you get there has to sit out the next round--- just use your imagination, and I bet you can come up with lots of things. And yes we are good at begging borrowing and stealing (with permission) but we are excellent at repurposing things!

4. Robin

Robin Rookie

Sep 15, 2008

Just rolling it to a friend in circle is a good game. Rolling and aiming are emerging skills. Plus planning their actions...to pick a friend, name a friend, roll it to that friend and to NOT interfere and grab it when it isn't meant for you are all good skills. Rolling it around the circle while seated is good too. A directed roll, such as, 'Can you roll the ball to someone who is wearing red?" Standing and tossing over head and underhand are good skills. Most kids will line up for this willingly.