Bad mail day!!

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by MATgrad, Jul 18, 2007.

1. MATgrad

MATgrad Groupie

Jul 18, 2007

Ok, so I keep saying that "what is meant to be will be" but I got 3 rejection letters in the mail today. I called HR to make sure my file is good and they say everything is in there. This is getting really depressing. :(

They will not be hiring any teachers for class-size reduction until after the first day of school for students. :mad: I told my hubby that there was no way I was subbing this year. I have done it for the last two years while I was in grad school. If that isn't paying my dues, then what is??

Thanks for letting me vent.

3. Lovetoteachkids

Lovetoteachkids Comrade

Jul 18, 2007

I'm so sorry. I got a rejection letter in the mail today as well. And I'm sure a second is on its way. The letter I got today was from the school I have four years of teaching experience in.

4. Exclaimation Po

Exclaimation Po Habitué

Jul 18, 2007

Yesterday was my bad news day. I finally spoke to someone in HR at a district I was sure was going to hire me. She told me they were still working on the positions. I asked if I was still a candidate and she told me I wasn't. There were 3 positions, so I was sure I would be hired. It was really hard to take. But later I found a high school position posted. Bad news sucks.

5. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 18, 2007

I guess the flip side is that tomorrow is BOUND to be a much better day!!!

Hang in there!!!

6. teach123

teach123 Cohort

Jul 18, 2007

I know from first hand experience how disappointing that is. I also got a rejection letter in the mail today.

7. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Jul 18, 2007

What county are you in? I recently started applying in Polk County (even though I have not heard great things about that county) because all the positions seem to be filled in other counties. Anyway,there are many positions available there! My phone has been ringing a lot! Of course, most of them are asking me to come down for an interview, something I can not easily do....

8. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jul 18, 2007

It will get better. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

9. MATgrad

MATgrad Groupie

Jul 19, 2007

Family obligations keep me where I am. I'm limited to Hernando, Pasco and Pinellas counties.

10. njeledteacher

njeledteacher Cohort

Jul 19, 2007

How could that be? Did you do LTS?

11. njeledteacher

njeledteacher Cohort

Jul 19, 2007

Alice, I wish I had your positivity.. Have you read The Secret by any chance???

12. Lovetoteachkids

Lovetoteachkids Comrade

Jul 19, 2007

No I had a permanent job there for 4 years, quit to stay home with my kids, and now I'm back out there searching. As hard as the job search is this time around....being here wtih my kids was well worth it.

13. njeledteacher

njeledteacher Cohort

Jul 19, 2007

Good for you! There's nothing like having a mother around for the most important years of life. Too bad your old school doesn't agree...Keeping my fingers crossed.

14. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 19, 2007

No, I haven't. Should I?

I had a great childhood, got married at 30, adopted Brian at 40, then got pregnant with my girls. There's a lot in my life to be positive about :D

15. Lovetoteachkids

Lovetoteachkids Comrade

Jul 19, 2007

Thanks! I should add that my old principal is not at that school anymore or I'm sure I would've had a better chance. He is at a middle school now but there aren't any positions open right now :(

16. WindyCityGal606

WindyCityGal606 Enthusiast

Jul 19, 2007

I have a similar story. I quit to move and teach out of state with the words "You had better get in touch if things don't work out." Well, they didn't so I did and I wasn't hired back either. Real NICE to know who watches out for you!! Anyway, I found my dream school and I couldn't be happier! Things have a way of working out even when you start to give up hope. It was really humiliating, by the way, to not be offered a job when I came back. :eek: I had a superior rating from the principal so I don't know wht that was all about and I don't even care any more.

17. Xgomenara9

Xgomenara9 Rookie

Jul 19, 2007

Have you tried chater schools, academies, catholic schools, etc...or have you tried getting a special ed. certification? There are lots of jobs there!

Or if you don't want to do that...try doing mock interviews with workers from the career center at your college. They work!