Bad Cust Svc at Sephora Stores

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 13, 2010

Do you find Sephora salespeople to be snooty?

I shop at numerous locations several times a yr ONLY because I like their product variety. But, the friendliness & cust service of the employees are ALL the same at all the locations I've been to: Snooty, fake, & even deceitful. I've seen them literally walk in a different direction pretending to be busy plenty of times or just walk past me. I've asked for a sample once & I get this attitude as if they don't want to do it for me & then they give me a tiny amt that doesn't even fill up the sample container at all.

My latest trip was the other day. Several employees pass by, but don't say anything. At the check-out, the employee who rings me up failed to tell me about or give me the card about this current sweepstakes. I grabbed a card from the stack that's right in front of the employee & after I stand there for a while, she states she "forgot" to give me the card. Then, I had given her my Skincare Challenge card to put a stamp on. With my own eyes, I see her pretend to stamp my card at a distance from where I'm standing, then give it back to me while talking as to distract me, but there was no new stamp on there. I ask her if she's going to stamp it & she says nothing except, "Oh yeah", then walks away to the back where she stays quite a while & brings out a stamper to stamp my card. She thought she could distract me by saying a few statements hoping I'll walk away & forget all about the stamp that she owes me. The employees are horrendous and I have yet to see a genuinely kind employee.

I've never seen a co w/ such a consistency of bad employees. And it's not like I look like a bum or anything when I'm in there. A coworker of mine said she thinks they're snobby too.

3. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Jul 13, 2010

Never shopped there.

I would call customer service, or, better yet, take my money and go elsewhere.

4. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 13, 2010

I've never shopped there.

But I've never seen a product that's worth that kind of service.

If I were as unhappy as you seem to be, I would find a new product, and write a letter informing the store management of the reasons.

5. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jul 13, 2010

But why would the employee want to jip you by not stamping your card? I have no idea what card you're speaking of, but I'm assuming it's some sort of rewards card? So how does it benefit her to not stamp it?

The employees not giving me a sweepstakes card wouldn't bother me. I'd just ask for it...many people don't want to bother with such things and it's wasteful to give them to everyone. It also wouldn't bother me if a few walked by and didn't address me...I prefer that, actually. I know where they are if I need assistance.

6. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 13, 2010

Oh, I've commented about various store employees here & there throughout the yrs, including this latest experience...we'll see what they do this time. Yrs & yrs ago, they once sent me a $25 gift card.

7. janlee

janlee Devotee

Jul 13, 2010

If you use the product consistently purchase it on line. Then you won't have to deal with the salespeople. I believe Penny's has an area that sells Sephora. Why not try there?

8. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 13, 2010

Yeah, but I hate to pay for shipping when I have two stores that are pretty close. The Sephora in JCPenneys has nothing compared to their actual stores.

I guess if I want something bad enough there, I'll just endure it, but it's the principle of it. Can't the employees just be pleasant? I've never seen such a consistently haughty bunh in my life. They need to take a lesson from Starbucks & Jamba Juice emplyees.

9. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 13, 2010

I've never been to either of those places either :)

It's incredibly rare that I have any customer service issues.

10. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Jul 13, 2010

If I was so bothered by how I was treated, I would stop shopping with them.

11. chemteach55

chemteach55 Connoisseur

Jul 13, 2010

I shop there all the time and have never had any trouble. They are very friendly and helpful. They know that I go in and usually make a large purchase because I am buying for 3.

12. Kat53

Kat53 Devotee

Jul 13, 2010

I've had great costumer service at Sephora. Actually to the other extreme where they are so helpful and multiple people greeting me when I enter. Maybe it is just the store you go to?
    I have found horrendous costumer service at Bebe. It is a super trendy store so I don't like to shop there but I do want a little common courtesy when I go in. They are rude to the point that I won't even go in there anymore. Not even to browse.

13. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Jul 14, 2010

I have had the same type of problems! I went in on my last birthday and couldn't pay anyone to help me. Then when I went to check out, she didn't want to give me my free birthday gift. I had to show my id (which I was fine with), but she pulled it close to her face and started scratching at it! (I guess she thought it was fake???)

14. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Jul 14, 2010

Like Kat35, I've always had very helpful customer service. I've been the rude one, however, and had to apologize to the clerks; I literally have to run in, grab what I need, and run out again. The perfume gives me a horrible headache.

15. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Jul 14, 2010

Around here, it's the Starbucks employees who are terrible, and the Sephora employees who are amazing, especially at the one in Penneys. We don't have a Jamba Juice.

16. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Jul 14, 2010

I have not been in the store yet. It just opened in our mall. Now I want to go in and see what happens. Sounds like the check out girl was being lazy and didn't feel like going to find a stamp. How old are these girls?

17. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jul 14, 2010

Yeah, I suppose laziness is the only explanation for not wanting to stamp the card. That's pretty sad.

18. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 14, 2010

At all the stores I've been to, the age is in the 20s.