Back when you were a student

Discussion in 'General Education' started by priyaanka, Aug 24, 2009.

1. priyaanka

priyaanka Rookie

Aug 24, 2009

What was your favorite memory from back when you were in high school?:whistle:

3. ecsmom

ecsmom Habitué

Aug 24, 2009

Friday night football games! :)

4. monsieurteacher

monsieurteacher Aficionado

Aug 24, 2009

I had a strange high school experience... Grades 9-11 were in small town Manitoba (not a great place for me, considering I moved there from Toronto)... Then I moved here in Grade 12... while my grade 12 year was a lot of fun, it wasn't quite as amazing as many grade 12 years as I didn't have very many friends to share it with, but I did really enjoy participating in the school musical.

5. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Aug 24, 2009

I also had a strange high school experience. Mine favorite memories are late-night study sessions in the dorms drinking instant coffee and giggling with my girlfriends. Or maybe the sprint back from the guys' dorm before curfew.

6. krysmorgsu

krysmorgsu Cohort

Aug 24, 2009

I don't know if I have a favorite memory; high school was great for me. What I remember most, though, was spending time with my friends. We were a really supportive, loving, friendly, and silly bunch! I remember that we used to write notes to each other on this huge fantasy story we concocted...crazy stuff, like how one of us had multiple personalities and things like that. It was fun - I recently found an invitation to a party one of my friends had....complete with references to things in our story and all. We did everything together, but the love we had for each other was amazing.

7. Maryhf

Maryhf Connoisseur

Aug 24, 2009

Band competitions and other nerdy pursuits were the most fun for me. Met my DH on the band bus playing truth or dare (but that's another story).

8. mdith4him

mdith4him Companion

Aug 24, 2009

I really didn't like high school, but my favorite memory was going to see Lord of the Rings: Return of the King when it was released senior year. We went to the midnight showing :) It got out at 3:30 a.m. and we had to get up at 6 for school the next day. It was awesome!!

9. futureteach21

futureteach21 Habitué

Aug 24, 2009

Senior year Homecoming
    Football Games
    Traveling with different clubs I was in
    Driving off campus to lunch and speeding back to make it to class on time!

Ohhh, good times :)

10. bros

bros Phenom

Aug 24, 2009

I rather disliked high school. I am glad to be in college now.

During HS was when I discovered how incompetent the special services department in my district was (The case manager always sided with the teacher and NEVER believed a word I said. She also held two illegal IEP meetings) and I also discovered a very important fact: teachers can be a-holes. Discovered that twice. Those two teachers made my Freshman and Junior years my worst years of HS.

11. foxteach1

foxteach1 Rookie

Aug 24, 2009

I was a theater girl, so I was in a show year-round. We had fall play, Orchesis dance show, Variety show, and Musical. In between were several band and choir concerts; summer was community theater (with most of the same kids)...two falls we even did a fall musical--my choir director has several published musicals for smaller casts/venues, and we would start in August and perform in late September before rehearsals for fall play got underway. One of my favorite memories involving a teacher was on Wednesday mornings during Musical. We would rehearse just the acting portion of a scene before school every Wed., so he'd meet all of us for breakfast at a little mom&pop place at 6:00am. My parents could never believe I'd get up to go, but it was such a blast to hang out with him and the other cast members. High school was awesome.

12. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Aug 24, 2009

I was a busy body...of course the sports, my friends, pep assemblies, field trips.

We had some really GREAT teachers as well, so I have memories with each of them.

13. ChemTeachBHS

ChemTeachBHS Comrade

Aug 24, 2009

I went to prom all 4 years of high school. Finding the perfect dress and getting all dressed up are my fav. memories of high school.

14. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

Aug 24, 2009

Smoking with my friends behind the small shed that housed the garden equipment.

15. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

Aug 24, 2009

Skipping class and smoking cigarettes with my friends behind the small shed that housed the garden equipment.

English class with Mrs. S. at Miami Palmetto High School. Loved that woman. Long time ago.

16. GoldenPoppy

GoldenPoppy Habitué

Aug 24, 2009

In general, I detested high school.

There was, however, one thing I did enjoy. I was very much interested in black and white photography and I made arrangements with the teacher who ran the lab that if I set up the chemical trays for her classes I could work on whatever I wanted to, using all of their darkroom equipment.

17. BLHutch25

BLHutch25 Rookie

Aug 24, 2009

Going to State my junior year in basketball. (Lost in the semi-finals)

Going undefeated in the regular season that same year in football (only to get knocked out the first round of the playoffs.....guess we weren't as good as we thought!).

I really enjoyed my history and English classes. Luckily I had some great teachers in those subjects. I HATED Math though! I still have nightmares about Algebra. :eek:

18. Zelda~*

Zelda~* Devotee

Aug 24, 2009

Graduation.

*cough*

I didn't much care for high school.

If I had to choose--I enjoyed the Academic Challenge Team, Latin Club, and our class plays. Oh, and our trip to DC my Freshman year was fun too.

19. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Aug 24, 2009

Geez... it's been so long ago...

Fall hayrides, homecoming, pep assemblies, Friday night dates, mini skirts, blue eye shadow, long blond hair parted down the middle, silly crushes... wow... good thoughts.

20. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Aug 24, 2009

I had a great time competing in Speech and Debate. I made some great friends and really learned a lot.\

But the highlight of both high school and college was my job as a busgirl then hostess then waitress at a local seafood restaurant. They hired only local kids and we became a tight group that did EVERYTHING together. Ski houses at Hunter mountain, Beach houses in the Hamptons, carpooling to college, pool parties, days at the beach, camping, going to the racetrack, cruises, you name it.

I did a lot of growing up there, and learned a work ethic that has served me well in the many years since.

21. blindteacher

blindteacher Cohort

Aug 24, 2009

Mr. B___'s biology. Loved that class. :D

22. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Aug 24, 2009

I'd have to say my favorite memories were Drama club and other afterschool activities. I studied a lot and didn't "party" so that's how my friends and I got to hang out together.

23. brigidy

brigidy Comrade

Aug 24, 2009

I was in high school from 82-86 and my favorite memories are of the music, my friends and the crazy styles (big, big hair; big big earrings; and neon colors.
    However, my absolute favorite memories are just of being home with my family, going camping and to the local state park every weekend. I would love to have those times back.

24. Ross

Ross Comrade

Aug 24, 2009

:lol: Did you think we would not notice with the small print?

25. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Comrade

Aug 25, 2009

Never really cared for high school. It was like going to a place where you're popular or not. And that was about 10 years ago. Graduated in 2000.

However I was in band and the marching seasons all four years kept everyone busy. We won state my somphomore year, which was the first time the high school had done that. We worked like dogs from the end of July to early November. The band director, who is still there and is still winning state titles, expected nothing but the best from everyone.