back to the classroom

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by animalclass, Jul 9, 2008.

1. animalclass

animalclass Companion

Jul 9, 2008

well i called my school today and my floor and maintnence work on my room is done and i can go back tommorow july 10. im super exited. school starts on the 18. i have to be back on the 11 but with meetings and things interupting me i always like to go back early and take my time. so im exited to unpack and see what i need.
    i figure i can go once a week untill the fourth and then i will start going more. il try to keep updated with pics for my safari theme and whatnot. aahhhhhh, i cant wait till tommorow

3. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Jul 9, 2008

Hooray, csw3rd! I'm sure we are all so jealous. I can wait to get in there. I'm going to start putting my bulletin board 'stuff' into large ziplock bags (those big ones they just came out with), so when I get to the room, I can just attack! I only have a week in there, and too much to do!!

We can't wait to see pictures!

4. Erin Elizabeth

Erin Elizabeth Groupie

Jul 9, 2008

Good for you! I spent the first 3 weeks of my summer moving classrooms. Now that it's all put-together, I'm not going to set foot in it until at least August! Then I'll do all the stuff to get ready for the kids.

5. animalclass

animalclass Companion

Jul 9, 2008

i think i should do like a weekly progress post of pics.

im so exited, i feel like a kid and tommorow is christmas

6. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Jul 9, 2008

Wow! I haven't even been done for 2 weeks yet and you're talking about going back in.

7. animalclass

animalclass Companion

Jul 9, 2008

lol. i havent been there in a month and 11 days and everything ive been buying for my room is junking up my house, plus i can laminate before all the other teachers hog the machine

8. Mable

Mable Enthusiast

Jul 9, 2008

Since I moved rooms, I spent June packing and then unpacking. Now, I go in once a week to tackle organization. Just started on the walls and am almost done. My goal is to be done before the week teachers report back because there are many other things I will be doing and won't have time to work in my room.

9. MelissainGA

MelissainGA Groupie

Jul 9, 2008

I haven't been in school since May 28th. I have however destroyed the downstairs of my house with all the school stuff that I have been working on and also that I have bought. Our building will be open the 21st of this month. I have to report back on the 25th. That's our first "official" work day. Unless we end up going out of town for one last "mini-vacation" the 20-24 I will probably be in some time that week just to be able to get some things done and get all of this stuff out of my house. I don't have quiet as much to do this year as normal just due to the fact that I didn't have to move this year. Arrange desks, put up bulletin boards and set up station areas and then the only major area I will have to set up will be my reading corner. It should be much better organized this year though thanks to the terrific ideas I have gotten on here.

10. animalclass

animalclass Companion

Jul 9, 2008

exactly, i can never get anything done the week before

11. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Jul 9, 2008

I have been out since the weekend before Memorial Day, and will get to go back to my room around July 29th.

Enjoy your time in your room!!!

12. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Jul 9, 2008

Me either- I like to chit-chat too much :unsure::whistle::cool:

13. BusyBeeMrsP

BusyBeeMrsP Rookie

Jul 9, 2008

I wish I knew when I could be getting into my classroom! You're so lucky! We don't start until August, but I am getting too excited looking at all my classroom stuff in my house all the time! Being a new teacher, I have LOTS to do to make my classroom my home away from home. :)

14. buck8teacher

buck8teacher Devotee

Jul 9, 2008

I've been working a little bit at at time in my room here lately. It's cleaned, and I'm organizing it from top to bottom! I threw out like 15 bottles of glitter glue that were left by the former teacher...they had turned into water! Just doing some little organizational projects I didn't have a chance to do last summer!

15. buck8teacher

buck8teacher Devotee

Jul 9, 2008

I LOVE those big Ziploc bags! I have one for each subject and put my posters in there! I also found some at the Dollar Tree recently!

16. Calalilys

Calalilys Comrade

Jul 9, 2008

I stopped by my room yesterday to drop off my pocket folders from Staples and to print off some stuff and was shocked to find everything had been moved and my computer had been completely taken apart! I will be going in tomorrow to start working on my room arrangement and then after I get back from Vegas next week, I will start to put bulletin boards up and all that other fun stuff. I'm a strong believer in getting stuff done sooner rather than later. The less stress I have to deal with, the better. :)

17. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Jul 9, 2008

I did that too :) Of course that was after I bought the expensive ones from a teacher catalog (they broke after a week or two).

I should have bought the Ziploc ones to begin with. There are coupons out there for the camping ones, and those are on clearance at Target right now. HTH somone :)

18. buck8teacher

buck8teacher Devotee

Jul 9, 2008

I have a lot of mini bullentin boards from Creative Teaching Press (I'm addicted to all their stuff), and they have the cutest hanging storage bags for their mini bullentin board sets! They fit perfectly, and so nice and sturdy. Plus they look cute hanging up in my closet. Those were a great find too! :)

19. GD2BQN

GD2BQN Comrade

Jul 10, 2008

Whoa!! Being a new teacher is EVEN MORE exciting.

I'm restraining myself (and I mean making myself not go into my room) until the beginning of August. But in the meantime DollarTree and Target WATCH OUT!

20. Teaching Grace

Teaching Grace Connoisseur

Jul 10, 2008

lol, i'm just waiting until summer school is over to go. My room is being used by another teacher this summer. As soon as they're done with that, I'm going to go in and finish taking in all my new stuff that i've been getting :)