Back to School Welcome Decor

Discussion in 'General Education' started by BarnyardCats, Jul 17, 2007.

1. BarnyardCats

BarnyardCats Rookie

Jul 17, 2007

I am in need of some good ideas for outside the door to welcome the kids back to school. I know there are tons of commercial products to be purchased but I'm trying not to do that much anymore due to cost and storage space. I would be happy with a cute saying and using die-cut shapes! What do you use and what have you seen other teachers do? Any ideas are appreciated!

3. janlee

janlee Devotee

Jul 17, 2007

"Welcome to a Beehive of Fun and Learning"
    Cut out die cuts of bees or find them on line. Color yellow or use yellow construction paper. Print names on the bees. Make a beehive out of brown paper. Decorate with your Room number. Cut out some honey pots or find them online. Sometimes you can find the pictures in coloring books and print them out.

4. ~mrs.m~

~mrs.m~ Comrade

Jul 17, 2007

Here's another idea: Beside the phrase "Look Who Just Popped into _ Grade!" , have a poster board cut into the shape of a frying pan and cover it with foil. Have popcorn shapes cut out of white construction paper to write the kids' names on... one for each student.

5. nicknbeccarock

nicknbeccarock Rookie

Jul 17, 2007

how about a theme with monkeys

I just seen the cutest monkey set and was trying to find a saying with the monkeys.

6. Miss_snugs

Miss_snugs Rookie

Jul 17, 2007

For the monkeys.....I'm going to use We are bananas about first grade! And have the monkeys with a tree and the kids' names on bananas.

7. tutor1982

tutor1982 Rookie

Jul 17, 2007

Wel"gum" back - make your door look like a gum ball machine and write their names on gum ball circles

8. purplecrazy21

purplecrazy21 Comrade

Jul 18, 2007

Cut out or find die-cuts of t-shirts. Hang them on a string that looks like a laundry line and add a washer and dryer to the display. Then the caption is, "Hangin' out in ___________ grade is loads of fun!
    I used this last year and it turned out really neat. We wore uniforms so I made construction paper uniform shirts to hang on the laundry line.
    I'd post a picture, but I can't post attachments.
    Good Luck!