Back to School Welcome Bulletin Board

Discussion in 'Fourth Grade' started by cinaminsweet, Jul 30, 2007.

1. cinaminsweet

cinaminsweet Companion

Jul 30, 2007

What is your back to school welcome board going to be? I was going to write my students names on colorful cut out stars and put them on the board under a banner that reads Super Star Students, but now I'm a little worried that it will be too young-looking for fourth graders (I did the same thing for second grade, only the title was Second Grade Superstars.)

3. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Jul 30, 2007

Mine is going to be simple, pretty much- it's going to say something along the lines of Dreams are made of this.. and have the students' photos along with their thinking maps and other neat information.

I used stars last year, by the way! Red, white, and blue to compliment the bulletin board I called American Dreamers. It wasn't my best, but it worked at the time. :)

4. Youngteacher226

Youngteacher226 Enthusiast

Jul 30, 2007

I did stars too but I took a picture of each student wearing sunglasses & put the pic on the stars. Then I titled the board "Our Future Looks So Bright...We Gotta Wear Shades".

5. Hamster

Hamster Comrade

Aug 2, 2007

I'm going to do "Soaring into a New Year". I'm going to make some sort of hot air ballons to water paint or use bright cray-pahs to color and have them put their names on them somewhere. Open House is on the 3rd day of school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. TeachyBon

TeachyBon Rookie

Aug 3, 2007

My board is "Look Who Popped In!" I have a popcorn box and each student gets a popped kernal. They write 3 things about themselves, I add a picture and their name.

I use Superstars as a theme throughout the year. :D

7. bina1357

bina1357 Companion

Aug 3, 2007

I do the hot air balloons too! I have the kids color the balloons to represent things they like. I make one too. Oh, they put their names on them also. I have a bulletin board w/Soaring into 4th Grade with some clouds on it.