Back-to-school shopping

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Teaching Grace, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Teaching Grace

Teaching Grace Connoisseur

Jun 8, 2011

What is on your back to school shopping list? I'm talking about clothes wise for you...not supplies :)

I'm thinking about:
    -plain shirts (short and long sleeved)
    -new dress pants
    -new cardigans (gray, navy)
    -new blouses
    -shoes too!

I have been wearing most of my wardrobe for YEARS... and it's pretty worn looking. My husband just got hired by an awesome, awesom company. So I'm hoping to actually have money to go shopping this summer!

3. mollydoll

mollydoll Connoisseur

Jun 8, 2011

Ugh. I need to lose 20 lbs. I've got a closet full of lovely Ralph Lauren and Michael Kors things that I love, but they are 2-3 sizes too small. I gained 10lbs after each surgery that I've had past 2 years.

Right now I only have sweatpants and almost nothing for summer or interviews, and I can't afford to buy anything. I need to stop baking cookies and start a diet plan. It doesn't help that I can't do much exercise.

Shopping isn't fun anymore, especially since all the outlets and huge markdown sales I always shop at since I like expensive stuff always have piles of size 4 but few if any 10s.

4. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Jun 8, 2011

I will be on maternity leave till Jan. I am hoping my clothes will fit after the baby so I don't have to buy too much.

5. kacieann

kacieann Companion

Jun 8, 2011

I will need a few shirts and pants also. I always have a problem finding "school" shoes. I wear mostly flip flops when I am not in school so it is hard for me to find something professional and comfortable that I really want to wear to school. I normally end up with one pair of black and one pair of brown shoes that I wear most of the school year.

6. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Jun 9, 2011

I need pants. Mine are all old and starting to look worn. I have an awful time finding pants. I have no butt and short legs. I'm also between sizes. Misses sizes are tight and women's sizes are too big.

7. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Jun 9, 2011

Ugh, I put weight on this year, too. I realized that every pair of pants I own for work I bought my first year of teaching... 2004.

I mostly needs a couple of new tops, a back pair of pants, a beige skirt, and a good pair of black flats.

Tops are the hardest for me to find - fitted ones don't fit (no chest) or they're too low cut or they're sleeveless. Grr.

8. mollydoll

mollydoll Connoisseur

Jun 9, 2011

Chebrutta, Ralph Lauren has slim fit dress shirts that fit me perfectly; I am also small chested and can never find dresses that fit.

I get the shirts at the RL outlet for $40.

9. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jun 10, 2011

Let's enjoy the summer 1st! :) But since I love clothes, I'll bite. I have tons of clothes already, but a few more never hurts. It would be nice to get more dresses since I hardly wear them.

10. MATgrad

MATgrad Groupie

Jun 10, 2011

I need more accessories. I have a lot of basics that I can mix and match. Accessories make the outfit.

11. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Jun 10, 2011

I need more stuff for the heat. I was really pushing professional dress the past couple days because it is sooo hot in my classroom and I don't have much to wear that is cool.