BACK TO SCHOOL room decorations

Discussion in 'Special Education Archives' started by SpecialPreskoo, Jul 22, 2002.

1. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Jul 22, 2002

I AM POSTING THIS ON OTHER FORUMS, TOO.

I was wondering how everyone is planning on decorating their room for back to school.

After reading a few messages on here I think I have mine. I read about the one wanting ideas for her them of success. I also read the one about using a bulletin board with stars on it for behavior... fallen star if they misbehave. I loved the idea of them both. I am trying to come up with a slogan for my board now. I thought of DON'T BE A FALLEN STAR, but that DON'T has a negative form to it. My mother came up with HOW HIGH CAN YOU SHINE. Do any of you have any thoughts? I would like to hear them.

SO... what do you have planned? I love hearing new ideas. We can make a list and save them for future use. :D

Lori

3. Amanda

Amanda Administrator Staff Member

Jul 22, 2002

4. Seich30

Seich30 Comrade

Jul 24, 2002

I always decorate in apples--always a teacher at heart. For discipline I have a large apple tree on my board. All the students have an apple attached with sticky tack. I have written a 2 on the tree top, a 1 on the trunk and a 0 in the grass. If a child has to go to time out I move his apple. At the end of the day they get little apple sticker on their incentive chart. 2 if on the top, 1 if on the trunk, etc. When chart is full (20 apples), they get in the prize box. They learn quickly that 2 apples a day add up faster.

Sharlene
    ESE Pre-K Teacher