Back to School Nightmares

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by scmom, Jul 13, 2012.

1. scmom

scmom Enthusiast

Jul 13, 2012

Do you have them?

I had the strangest one last night and I still have six weeks to go!:dizzy: I often dream I forget the songs, I haven't finished what I need to get done, etc. etc. but this one was totally different.

I dreamed I went to school early on the first day and couldn't find my room. I walked around the school, and everywhere I looked was a store. I walked around and around in circles, confused and afraid. I even dreamed I called the principal and he didn't know what I was talking about and told me to get to class. Kids were coming and I still couldn't find my way and kept searching from store to store. Very strange! :eek:

3. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Jul 13, 2012

I had one two weeks ago, that I was at my parents' house, waiting for all my students' parents to show up for back-to-school meetings. I was running around like crazy because I had forgotten and didn't have any materials ready. Some other teachers pulled into the driveway, frantically yelling at me that I was supposed to be at school because meetings had started twenty minutes ago. The oddest part is that my parents' house is 500 miles away from school!

My first year I dreamed that I had to go home sick on the first day, and I was scrambling trying to get sub plans together. One year, I dreamed that I showed up and my classroom was in a cave...

4. melnm

melnm Companion

Jul 13, 2012

I did the other day. I went to school on the first day. I was only there with the kids for a few minutes when my husband came to pick me up. He said we needed to leave and that the kids would be fine, that he'd already checked with my boss. I didn't feel right leaving them alone but he kept assuring me it was fine so we finally left. I kept wanting to go back and check on them though. It was so strange!

I also dreamed recently that it was the first day of school and I didn't have anything ready. I think that was after the day I was realizing how little time I have left to get working on beginning of the year stuff.

5. sumnerfan

sumnerfan Comrade

Jul 13, 2012

I've had a couple this summer. They are more my class is out of control and nothing I do is effective in reigning them in. Classroom management is my weakest area. I'm not terrible; I just know I have room for improvement.

6. Jeky

Jeky Comrade

Jul 13, 2012

I haven't had any yet, but I still have a month of summer left.....just give it time!! ;)

7. teacherSMK

teacherSMK Habitué

Jul 13, 2012

Oh, I have been having a doozy of a nightmare. We are getting a new principal this year and I have been dreaming that he shows up and informs us, in a very Ms. Trudgebowl way that we are to have no decorations in our classrooms, no extracurricular activities, no free-time...etc. He tears down my cute bumble bees and my colorful decorations and informs me that a good teacher doesn't need props!

8. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 14, 2012

I never do.

9. thirdgradebuzz

thirdgradebuzz Comrade

Jul 14, 2012

I don't have back to school nightmares, but during student teaching I often dreamt of the lessons I would be teaching the next day!

10. AZMrs.S

AZMrs.S Cohort

Jul 18, 2012

I had one last night and I'm away on vacation! I can't remember much, but I know I was unprepared and the kids weren't listening... :rolleyes:

11. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Jul 18, 2012

I definitely have. I remember once having a dream that my students were talking so loudly and I couldn't get them to be quiet. I couldn't hear anything, not even my own voice, just the students talking.

12. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Jul 19, 2012

One woke me up this morning. I dreamed we were in our old school building, and that I somehow ended up in a science lab classroom. I had no LA resources and was freaking out that I didn't have any books and there were little test tubes and beakers everywhere. At the end of the period, another teacher came in to use the room, and then said, "Didn't they tell you you're floating this year?"

YEEEEOOOOOOOOW!

13. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Jul 19, 2012

I don't know if I'd consider it a nightmare-but I've definitely been dreaming more about school lately. Maybe too many things still on my to-do list this summer and my mind is trying to tell me something. I had one earlier in the week where we were taking the Kinder kids on a field trip....to India! :lol: We were getting ready to board the plane and I wasn't packed yet.

14. sweetlatina23

sweetlatina23 Cohort

Jul 19, 2012

I always get them, but with a week left I haven't had any. I'm worried that might mean I'm not ready. It probably just means I'm not stressing as much this summer.

15. stargirl

stargirl Companion

Jul 19, 2012

I usually do once I get closer to the school year starting. Usually it's about not having lessons or materials ready or a class of students who refuse to follow directions.

16. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Jul 19, 2012

I used to have them :eek:
    Since I have retired I haven't had any, :confused:
    I wonder why they stopped :whistle: