Back to School Nightmare

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by RitaFirstGrade, Aug 10, 2006.

1. RitaFirstGrade

RitaFirstGrade Companion

Aug 10, 2006

I had my first back to school nightmare last night! I had a dream that the parents came in and refused to leave. I started to teach and they interrupted me to sing and dance with the kids. Then I ran out of things for the kids to do and the parents took over and the kids were running wild. Then at the end, the parents put their kids in baby swings and told me it was dumb that I have a carpet for them to sit on and that they wouldn't allow their kids to sit there. Holy Moly. I know that would never happen (especially the baby swings, lol), but it woke me up in a panic and then I sat there and laughed. :)

Anyone else have dreams to share?

3. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Aug 10, 2006

I'll be back after I get out my dream interpretation book..... hold on

4. Mable

Mable Enthusiast

Aug 10, 2006

I had my first nightmare a couple of nights ago. Can't even remember now what it was about.....I am sure it'll resurface! I'll get back to you!

5. NYSTeacher

NYSTeacher Companion

Aug 11, 2006

I have yet to have a back to school nightmare but I'm sure once I move next week and it gets closer to starting meetings & setting up my classroom I will.

6. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Aug 11, 2006

No nightmares yet, but I don't start school until September 6th. I'msure they will start soon though!

Right now I'm still in the phase of thinking about everything I need to do while I lie in bed trying to fall asleep. Although my boyfriend did say it sounded like I was trying to teach in my sleep the other night. I was sitting up in bed and pointing my finger and supposedly yelling at a student. lol...I don't remember a thing! (I do talk a lot in my sleep!)

7. SnowDaisy822

SnowDaisy822 Companion

Aug 11, 2006

I actually had my first one a few weeks ago! Aaahhh!!! I dreamt they would not be quiet and listen and were being really bad. That's so scary they started so soon. Guess it could be the first year jitters.

8. KRaeLamb

KRaeLamb Rookie

Aug 11, 2006

I am so glad that I'm not the only one. My dream was wild....I was called and told that school started in 45 minutes and that I had better hurry and set up my room. When I got there I had no desks, the only ones that they would let me use had grafitti all over them and said obscene things. I wonder if this dream has anything with me being the new teacher at the school. Is it true that the newbie gets the worst stuff?

9. BuLadybug

BuLadybug Rookie

Aug 11, 2006

I had a dream that I didn't set my room up until the first day of school. I went in at 4 am and wanted to set it up but then realized that I didn't bring anything. Then I needed to hand in lesson plans and I didn't have them so I took another teacher's and photocopied them and handed them in.

My mentor (who is older) told me she had a dream that a younger teacher was all set up in her room and our principal told her (the mentor) that her "room" was going to be on the back of the auditorium stage....haha. too funny

so now I know that it's not only first years that have nightmares!!!

10. moonbeamsinajar

moonbeamsinajar Habitué

Aug 11, 2006

Actually, your dream sounds like some of the parent meetings at my center...parents that will not leave...kids going wild... Ha. Actually I dreamed 2 night ago that one family tried to drop their child off early, somehow left the child there, and I was carrying her around while she was crying, trying to find the parents. Last night I dreamed that I was combing my hair and found 4 big bugs. I could not decide if they were head lice or not. Yuck. That was a really bad dream!

11. KRaeLamb

KRaeLamb Rookie

Aug 11, 2006

This is so sad, but last year I had a parent drop her kid off at school at 6:30 a.m.! We don't open the doors until 7! That child would have just sat there had the custodian not seen her. To beat it all, the kid was in kindergarten! When asked the mom just said," I had nothing else to do with her". It kills me what parents do with their children!:eek:

12. RitaFirstGrade

RitaFirstGrade Companion

Aug 11, 2006

LOL! I have had the same dream that school was to start within an hour and I wasn't even set up yet! ;) I had another dream that my husband was driving me to school on the first day and I was an hour late because he stopped to get the oil changed, lol! My class was sitting outside of my room waiting and crying.

13. iteachm123

iteachm123 Comrade

Aug 11, 2006

Don't you love those anxiety dreams! I wake up feeling more exhausted than when I first went to bed! I'll be singing in my aunt's wedding this Dec. and I already had an anxiety dream about it. I was so relieved to wake up and realize it was only a dream.

14. Mrs. Schulte

Mrs. Schulte Rookie

Aug 11, 2006

oh great, now that you all have this idea in my head my dreams are bound to start!! I never even thought about having bad dreams about this and now...... i'm doooommed.

15. Rosieo

Rosieo Enthusiast

Aug 11, 2006

I had a dream I lost my kids. I think I had my back to the board writing something on it and the kids all left and went out to recess. About an hour later I went to look for them and couldn't find them. All I remember is that I was afraid I would be fired if I didn't find them!

16. NYSTeacher

NYSTeacher Companion

Aug 11, 2006

Although, I have been having thoughts that they will be like the class I did a leave replacement in: it was horrid. They wouldn't listen, were rude, disrectful, etc. After a week I contimplated if I still wanted to be a teacher.

So, I'm hoping these thoughts don't turn into a nightmare or worse....reality.

17. terptoteacher

terptoteacher Connoisseur

Aug 11, 2006

I dreamed that I went in to set up the class only to find out that it was the first day of school. I went into my room and there was another teacher all set up and ready. She told me I was her student teacher! I searched the building to find the principal who said he's straighten it out, but didn't.

18. ricksand

ricksand Rookie

Aug 12, 2006

My nightmare is that I'm driving up to school on the first day and I get lost on the backroads and can't find the school! My cell phone won't work and no matter what I do I can't get a hold of anyone and I can't find the school! This will be my 22nd year of teaching and I have nightmares every year! They'll probably start tonight!!

19. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Aug 12, 2006

I hadn't had any nightmares until I read this thread. I've had one a night for the last 3 nights. And I'm not even nervous!