Back to School Night

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by missapril81, Aug 21, 2013.

1. missapril81

missapril81 Companion

Aug 21, 2013

Do you pass out anything or do any activities during that time?

3. Bloom

Bloom Companion

Aug 21, 2013

This is my first year with my own classroom (student taught and co-taught.) My open house is tomorrow. We don't have a formal presentation, more of a meet and greet. I am handing out a letter which has a paragraph about me, special schedule, discipline plan, upcoming field trips, contact info and communication plan. The only other item I have is a contact sheet....name, address, phone, email and child's mode of transportation for school. Good luck with your Back to School Night!

4. EMonkey

EMonkey Connoisseur

Aug 22, 2013

I hand out a booklet which has a list of volunteer opportunities, field trip guidelines, homework suggestions, a letter about my class and guidelines the parents need to know about, academic support suggestions and student list. I place all books we will use on the tables. I give a presentation of classroom, me, overview of the year, the text books, the plans, volunteers, absences, schedule, calendar, discipline in my class, standards, support, how to reach me if needed, support and challenges I will provide and more. Then I answer questions. I usually fill the entire time available.

5. Lynnnn725

Lynnnn725 Connoisseur

Aug 22, 2013

I show a powerpoint that goes through some procedures and policies as well as our class schedule. I give a packet that has some of the important info.