Back to School Night Help!

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by JenK26, Aug 21, 2011.

1. JenK26

JenK26 Rookie

Aug 21, 2011

Hello,
    I will be doing my first back to school night in September and I am very nervous. I teach four year olds. I was hoping someone could give me some advice and let me know what you do and some ideas. Thanks!

Jen

3. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Aug 22, 2011

With the young ones, I would go over the routine of your day. Maybe talk about what the students will be learning and what the parents can work on at home.

If you feel comfortable, model a read aloud to show interactions with the kids: how you pause to predict, look at pictures, have the students try reading, etc.

4. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Aug 22, 2011

Parents want to know that their child will be safe and happy.

They also want to see that their child will develop some social skills, and also a bit of academics. At age 4, parents want to know that their kids will be ready for Kindergarten on an emotional, social and academic level.

Address these points, and I'm guessing they'll llove you.

5. teacher36

teacher36 Comrade

Aug 22, 2011

I introduce myself and my background. Then I take them through a typical day in Pre-K (ha ha, I think I just made a joke..."typical day" ha ha).

I explain the important parts of our curriculum, my rules and procedures in the classroom, what I expect from the kiddos and what the parents can expect from me. I always try to get across that I am accessible to them at all times. I explain that I am a mom and understand the awesome responsibility I have and how seriously I take the fact that they are placing their wonderful children in my hands. I try to make sure that they leave knowing that I will treat their little ones as if they were my own. I also stick around as long as possible to answer any questions.