Back-to-School Clothes

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by YoungTeacherGuy, Jul 31, 2016.

1. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Aug 10, 2016

I SCORED! Two pairs of light pants (I will need to get them hemmed), two dress tunics, and shawls that will coordinate with them as the weather transitions. The place is a little dress-down in style, but I had a fun time shopping, and I hate shopping.

Bunnie, teacherintexas and vickilyn like this.
  2. Maryhf

Maryhf Connoisseur

Aug 11, 2016

I buy a lot of my clothes at Talbots. They are classic and professional with a modern slant and they have clothing for petite and women's sizes. They have a 15% discount for teachers (regular price) but I buy mostly clearance items because I don't like to spend that much.

3. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Aug 11, 2016

I bought my interview suit there and had no idea they had a teacher discount. Will bear that in mind...

4. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Aug 11, 2016

I've only been to Talbot's once. It's not really close by so I forgot about it. Maybe I'll check it out when summer school is over.

5. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 11, 2016

I need to find some lightweight black pants & I'll buy 2-3 pairs because black goes w/ anything & I'll just wear them mostly w. different tops. I'll check out Ann Taylor & the nearest Talbot's is I think 45 min away.

Who sells nice, flattering, pants w/ some stretch in a non-heavy fabric?

6. Linguist92021

Linguist92021 Phenom

Aug 11, 2016

So an update on my situation :)
    I can wear everything I did before, except for flipflops (I have pretty blingy ones, but oh well), and no jeans unless it's Friday, which is a rule I made up for myself a long time ago. But no ripped jeans, which eliminates a few of my jeans, but it makes sense.
    I don't know why that TA said the things she did, I think maybe some of the TAs in the past has dressed inappropriately at times, so the P tried to make it stricter for them? And that other teacher telling me the same thing? Well, I don't know, but it's a happy ending for all :)

Bunnie likes this.
  7. Bunnie

Bunnie Devotee

Aug 11, 2016

When I wore pants (that weren't jeans to work) I would say NY&Company was my go to.

Ms. I likes this.
  8. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Aug 11, 2016

When I was at Anthropologie, I bought two gorgeous pairs of linen pants that had a good amount of stretch.

Ms. I likes this.
  9. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 13, 2016

Thanks Bunnie & catnfiddle!

10. karebear76

karebear76 Habitué

Aug 13, 2016

I love shopping for new clothes, and hate to wear things over and over. Just wish my wallet could support such a life! I did buy a couple skirts from LuLaRoe, and my best deal was 6 pairs of slacks and 2 tops from J C Penney for $99. I was so excited to see 35" inseams, I went a little crazy!
    Also scored a pair of Clark's sandals at T J Maxx for $15 and another pair at a shoe store for $20. A few other clearance things and I had to call it quits.

11. shoreline02

shoreline02 Cohort

Aug 13, 2016

For curvier girls... I just scored 5 pairs of pants for $180 from Lane Bryant. They had a sale PLUS used my coupon for $75 off.

Bunnie likes this.
  12. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Aug 15, 2016

I try to use coupons whenever I can. I see coupons around here for JC Penney, Macy's, and Kohl's so I'll pick up a few things here and there. Also, I have been getting a few coupons in the mail from Dressbarn and I've been having good luck there getting petite items.

13. dgpiaffeteach

dgpiaffeteach Aficionado

Aug 15, 2016

Loft Outlet is my go to. I love their stuff so much! I picked up a bunch for this year. I like regular Loft too but not their prices lol.

14. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 16, 2016

I did some shopping today. I bought these by Clarks:
    http://www.clarksusa.com/us/womens/womens-sandals-wedge/clarene-award-plum-nubuck/p/26119580

Also bought a fine-knit grey-black top. I want to buy at least one more pair of shoes...perhaps Kork-Ease, Gentle Souls, or Uggs brands.

I also just ordered 2 pairs of NYDJ (Not Your Daughter's Jeans) brand pants in (finally) something other than black, so I hope I like them. I have some black slacks of the same brand that I love. I wish they had them in grey too!

I also have $20 GC for TJMaxx & $25 at Burlington Coat Factory still to use.
    I also had put 30 nice tops into the cleaners, so they're all set to wear!

I need to finish shopping ASAP since I want to do some pure relaxation for at least the last 4 days before I start on Mon., Aug. 22nd!

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016