Baby Grace

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by ChristyF, Nov 27, 2007.

1. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Nov 27, 2007

Have you seen the news articles on this? I'm not linking to them because you should be able to make your own choice about reading them. MSN has one that I wish now I hadn't read. About 8 of us stood in the lounge watching the news report on it, then all walked out crying. That was nothing compared to the details in the articles, though. It was also heartbreaking to hear the detective make the point that 22 other families had called thinking Baby Grace was their little girl. How horrifying to know that there are 22 other little girls like that missing. How sickening to think they might be going through the same thing.

3. rogue0208

rogue0208 Companion

Nov 27, 2007

I just read the article on CNN and it is so disturbing and sad. I just don't understand how ANYONE could ever hurt an innocent child like that. That poor baby. :(

4. daysy_may

daysy_may Groupie

Nov 27, 2007

I just can't understand how anyone could do this.

5. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Nov 27, 2007

22 other families?!? I feel for those that still don't know where their little girls are. I look at my own daughter and cannot imagine how a mother could do this to her child.

6. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Nov 27, 2007

I was happy that the family can finally put her to "rest." I am SICK at what the mother described!!!

I was also horrified that there are 22 other families (I'm sure a lot more) that are out their wondering!!! It would be just as heartbreaking hoping that "baby grace" might be your daughter to only find out that she isn't. ( I don't mean that to sound cruel...but I'm sure the other families are hoping for some sort of "closure" as well.)

7. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Nov 27, 2007

Where is her father, grandmother, someone who should have missed her???

8. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Nov 27, 2007

Her father is the one that finally ID'd her. I think they live up north, but mom and boyfriend brought her down South.

9. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Nov 27, 2007

From what I've read it sounds like the dad & her mom when they were together lived in Ohio with dad's family & then mom moved back to Texas. Didn't mom say a social worker or something from Ohio took the girl.

I've heard the dad's family has been very cooperative in all of this.

10. rogue0208

rogue0208 Companion

Nov 27, 2007

I gotta go with mrachelle on this one. The mom took the little one to Texas to meet some guy from the internet without so much as a fight from the dad. Then, she told the dad that someone from Social Services took the child. Wouldn't the dad or the grandmother call Social Services to see where the child was??

It just seems like there was no one around that loved this little girl as much as she deserved to be loved.

11. deedee

deedee Connoisseur

Nov 27, 2007

ya it was in Mentor,Ohio which isnt that far from where I live ..its horrible!!

12. Rabbitt

Rabbitt Connoisseur

Nov 27, 2007

I don't understand how they don't at some point realize this is wrong and get help.

13. cMcD

cMcD Groupie

Nov 28, 2007

I read all the articles. I can't believe the things this woman and her boyfriend did to the little girl. The thing that gets me is if she felt such hatred for her child, why harm her? There are plenty of families in America dying to have children of their own, and would adopt.

Like my bf, who works in law enforcement/child protective services, said most women commit crimes for or because of a man. I mean the mother met the guy on an internet game and moved to Texas to be with him without meeting him! Riley seemed to have a happy life before the mom met this man...

14. SpaceAngel

SpaceAngel Comrade

Nov 28, 2007

The father and grandmother have been searching for this little one for a long time. I am heartbroken that it turned out so horrifically for them.