Baby Brayden

Discussion in 'Prayer Request Forum' started by kelly, Aug 6, 2003.

1. kelly

kelly Guest

Aug 6, 2003

My brother and sister-in-law just had a baby boy. He has Trisomy 18 which is a rare chromosone disorder. He will be severly retarded, a hole in his heart, a space between his brain lobes, and deformed arm and ear. It is as if he stopped developing at 5 or 6 months in the womb. He was almost full term, but weighs less than 4 pounds. He will probably not live a week. Most babies with this disorder die in the first couple of hours. They removed all life helping systems like oxygen this week. He is breathing on his own and has a strong heart rate. Every once in a while he stops breathing, but if he is touched, he starts breathing again. Please pray that he passes peacefully and without pain. The family could also use your prayers for strength and faith during this difficult time.

3. Shilo

Shilo Rookie

Aug 6, 2003

I will be praying for baby Brayden and your family.

4. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Aug 6, 2003

How very sad for your brother and sister-in-law, and the rest of your family. My prayers are with all of you.

5. AJK

AJK Pre-k Montessori Teacher

Aug 6, 2003

We will continue to prayer that Brayden's passing is quick, and that your family will take comort in God's love for all his children.

6. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Aug 6, 2003

As a soon to be mom...I will pray for all of you. The worst/best has to be knowing that any moment he could be with the Lord... It would be very heartbreaking. I had tears in my eyes as I read this. I will also pray that those family members of yours that have passed will comfort Brayden as he leaves here.

7. deann

deann Rookie

Aug 6, 2003

My prayers are with you and your family.

8. Love to Teach

Love to Teach Cohort

Aug 7, 2003

My heart goes out to each of you. How heartbreaking for your whole family. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2003
  9. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Aug 10, 2003

My hopes and prayers are with your family at this difficult time.

10. kelly

kelly Guest

Aug 10, 2003

update

Thank you for all your prayers.

Brayden died peacefully in his Grandma's arms after 9 brave days of life. There was a beautiful service for him. The music was just wonderful. Many tears were shed. It is a comfort to know that so many people were praying for our sweet baby angel. His parents will continue to need your thoughts and prayers as they go on with their lives. As my 4 year old niece said, "We don't have to worry about Brayden anymore. The spirit he loves with is in heaven, so he can love all of us at the same time." From the words of babes!!!!

11. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Aug 10, 2003

I know you were all blessed by his presence in your lives. I will continue to pray for his parents, and you.

12. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Aug 10, 2003

I will continue to pray for your family. Wouldn't be nice to be young and have such pure thoughts!!! I know my cousin was about the same age when our grandfather died and said something along the same lines!!!

Bless all you and know you're in my thoughts and prayers.

13. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Aug 10, 2003

Your family was blessed to have such an amazing Angel in your midst even if for a short time. You are all in my prayers.

Christy

14. charli

charli Guest

Sep 12, 2003

I am sorry for your family's loss. A dear, sweet, young friend of mine just gave birth last week to a most precious baby girl that has Trisomy 13. So, her family is now going through what your family had endured. She is afraid to go to sleep because she's afraid she won't be there when the baby passes on. It is so extremely sad and painful. Only with God's strength can we go on when something like this happens so please pray for her and her husband and family. Thank you!

15. smiles_of_three

smiles_of_three Rookie

Apr 15, 2006

My gosh, I couldn't imagine the pain, or the heartache that you're family had to go threw. God bless you all!!!