AZ Teachers- SEI Requirement

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Doug_HSTeach_07, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Doug_HSTeach_07

Doug_HSTeach_07 Comrade

Mar 28, 2013

Hello all,

Are there any teachers familiar with the SEI endorsement requirements? I could sure use some help!

I am currently a teacher in IL with a teacher and administrative credential, and I'm trying to get licensed in both areas in AZ. I notice that there is a mandatory SEI endorsement required. I contacted the AZ State Board of Education today, and they told me that the SEI course must be from an Arizona school. I would really like to take the required SEI course online, being from Illinois and all.

However, a brief look online at Grand Canyon University says that the SEI course will cost me north of $1,500! This is certainly out of my price range, and I'm wondering if you know of any online schools that would offer the required SEI certification that I am looking for.

If I posted in the wrong forum, please feel free to move my post...thanks!!

3. Jinkies

Jinkies Rookie

Mar 28, 2013

Hi Doug,
    I would avoid Grand Canyon University if I were you. Here's the link to Rio Salado SEI endorsement classes http://www.riosalado.edu/programs/e...ments/Pages/structured-english-immersion.aspx . They offer them online. I don't know how much it is per credit hour for out of state students, but for in state I believe its around $80, so I'm sure it will be tons cheaper than GCU. Let me know if you have any more questions!

4. Doug_HSTeach_07

Doug_HSTeach_07 Comrade

Mar 30, 2013

Thank you so much; that was exactly what I was looking for!

-Doug