Awesome interview, now awesome follow up?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by melissavio, Jul 17, 2012.

1. melissavio

melissavio Rookie

Jul 17, 2012

My interview went really well! I was comfortable and heeded all of your advice on here. Thanks posters! The interview ended by the principal telling me he is recommending me to be hired for the position, but everything else is left up to HR. I'm hoping this is a good sign, but I am trying to stay grounded.

Any creative ideas for thank you letters? I had three interviewers, so I'd need to send three. I want to get it out ASAP, so keep that in mind. (And I have been up since 4 AM on 2 hours of sleep, so it can't be worked on tonight.)

I appreciate any ideas...especially since they have been so great thus far!

3. Galois

Galois Companion

Jul 17, 2012

That's almost being offered the position. Congratulations. I sent thank you cards to each individual interviewers right after the interview but was also offered the position the same day that afternoon by the district asst. superintendent of human resources, so the latest they would received those cards would be the following day. But, anyway congratulations. You can now sleep well tonight.

4. melissavio

melissavio Rookie

Jul 17, 2012

When you say card, do you mean an actual card? I've only sent more formal letters. If it's a card, did you hand write it?

And thanks!

5. Galois

Galois Companion

Jul 17, 2012

Yes, an actual thank you card since I have stacks of thank you cards. Handwritten, of course. You may send thank you letters if you want.

6. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Jul 18, 2012

I would send a hand-written card.

7. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Jul 18, 2012

I send handwritten thank you cards as well. Congrats! Hope you hear from HR soon so we can add you to the jobs list!!!

8. Rainbowbird

Rainbowbird Groupie

Jul 18, 2012

Congratulations!!!!!!! That is so wonderful! I agree, a handwritten card is nicest in this situation.

You must be on top of the world!!!!! You nailed it. Hope your old district realizes what they just lost!

9. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jul 18, 2012

If they aren't in any hurry to choose then a hand-written card would be nice. It sounds very promising though. Congrats!