Avoiding....

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by MissH225, May 3, 2010.

1. MissH225

MissH225 Comrade

May 3, 2010

So I've been avoiding this site now for about a week because I recieved some bad news. Last Monday I got my 3rd grade position for next year taken from me. My principal was very upset about it. At the last minute they decided people in my position couldn't take in house positions (which I could debate for hours makes no sense) but what's done is done. Then Monday afternoon about 8 people (including myself) got pink slipped. It won't be officially who they cut until the end of the month. But seeing as I don't have an officially position now at my school I'll at the very least be displaced. Most likely I'll be cut b/c I'm at the bottom of the senority list and I will have to wait all summer for a call back.

So I spoke too soon...it all worked too easy I guess. But I'm hopefull...my principal does love me and even though it's pretty obvious I won't be at my school next year,I'm sure she'll help me out. And if worst comes to worst I can do this job next year...which wouldn't be bad at all but I am ready for my own classroom! Thanks for listening to me whine!

3. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

May 3, 2010

So Sorry...maybe God has a better place for you.

4. emmakate218

emmakate218 Connoisseur

May 3, 2010

I'm sorry you received way less than positive news. :( You have the right attitude though, being positive and knowing that your good reputation will serve you well.

5. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

May 3, 2010

I'm sorry to hear that this happened to you.

6. MissH225

MissH225 Comrade

May 3, 2010

Thanks guys! I just keep thinking that I'm in a better place then I was last year. I had a teaching job so I have experience now. People know who I am and I'm a senority list and most likely will have a job next year, just at a new school. It's funny b/c b4 this year I could have never seen myself at the school I'm at but now I don't want to leave. I definetly will be taking any chance I get to come back to the school in the future....

7. WindyCityGal606

WindyCityGal606 Enthusiast

May 3, 2010

I'm sorry to hear what you're going through but I agree that your positive attitude will open doors for you. I once left a school I "loved" hoping to be taken back one day but it didn't happen which actually ended up being great for me because I found a job for the school I'm at now, which I really do love. The other place had been my first job teaching so I had nothing to compare it to. Now, several schools later, I see that it wasn't the best fit for me at all. Where I am now is where I'm meant to be. One door closes, many more open. You get to decide which you want to walk through. Best wishes to you!