AVerVision Document Camera

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Jame, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Jame

Jame Comrade

Apr 3, 2008

Am working on requisitions and ran across this...I WANT THIS document camera!!! :D I can see so many possibilities for this, but I know so little about document cameras. Would love any information anyone has to share about their use in the classroom. Thanks!! :angel:

http://www.aver.com/presentation/videos.asp

3. jsfowler

jsfowler Companion

Apr 3, 2008

The largest use of my document cam is to replace the overhead. I also use it for student product presentations, I can take a pic of an image, I can also film a short video. I love my document cam and use it daily. Mine projects on my plasma TV:)

4. Gena

Gena New Member

Apr 3, 2008

Our District is updating ALL instructional classrooms with interactive whiteboards, audio enhancment systems, dvd/vcr, data projectors and the AverVision document camera. This year 3 of our 6 buildings got them and our teachers absolutely love them!!!! Can't beat the price or the durability! Even those who said they would never be able to part with the old overhead projector were impressed and entered the 21st Century in no time.

5. Gena

Gena New Member

Apr 3, 2008

Document Camera

By the way - I didn't mention, they use it to take pictures, freeze the screen and annotate, display a book while book reading to the class, demonstrating projects, objects - just about anything. And the best part is they can capture the image and save it for later! You can also purchase a microscope adapter!

6. kburen

kburen Cohort

Apr 3, 2008

We have document cameras and love them! I use it to replace my overhead, just like jsfowler said. And like Gena said teachers also have used them to take pictures of something overtime. One of the K teachers used it to show ice melting over time. Every 30 minutes she took a picture of it and put it into a little slideshow so that the kids could watch it melt, even though they saw it when it was happening. We love them!!!!

7. jsfowler

jsfowler Companion

Apr 3, 2008

8. Jame

Jame Comrade

Apr 3, 2008

Wow!! Thanks for all the input and great ideas! Now, I am more determined than ever to get one. :) How exciting! Now, I am going to show my ignorance, but is there a lot involved in getting them set up and all? Lots of cables, etc. How do you have yours set up in your classroom? Do you need a projector to hook them to? We have projectors and wireless internet, but the projectors are not mounted on the ceiling which we wish they were! :)

In one of the demo videos, they showed a teacher who had theirs set up on a desk to the side of the white board, yet it was being projected to the board somehow...maybe it was a smartboard??? I would love to have a setup like that with it off to one side and not have to have it on a cart in front of students. I am rambling here and probably not making any sense...sorry!! :D

Again, thanks for all the great info!! :)

9. jsfowler

jsfowler Companion

Apr 3, 2008

Everything in my room is connected to the plasma TV. All I have to do to turn on the main power switch and everything is up and running. It is a dream!