AUUGGGHHH

Discussion in 'New Teachers' started by 1angel, Oct 27, 2008.

1. 1angel

1angel Rookie

Oct 27, 2008

I am so very frustrated. I am in my third year at this school. I have decided that I will not be returning to this school next year. I will have to work somewhere else--even if that means a different field.

After spending 40 minutes helping dismissal (as we each have to do DAILY) my principal wants to know why I haven't responded to the e-mail she sent 1/2 an hour ago. UMMMMM gee, because you make me open car doors everyday for the kids.

Then I get back to the classroom and a note is delivered to not put this child on the bus, she will be picked up. Let's see now dismissal was one hour ago and the time on the note is 12:12. So then I am getting angry calls about putting this child on the bus.

This school is so unorganized. Our planning time is taken up nearly everyday for meetings, we eat lunch with the kids so there is no break there either.

Does anyone have to do book studies? I have to read and answer questions like I have actual homework. Like I don't have better things to do with my time, like prepare my classroom.

I think I just need to scream and vent. I cannot believe that administrators think that this stuff is ok. I nearly had a panic attack early this morning wondering how I would make it through the rest of the week.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2008
  3. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

Oct 27, 2008

Awwww, it sounds like you're having a tough time! My school does book studies too, but it's not that bad because we read assigned chapters (usually 3 or 4 a month) and then meet in groups to talk about it. It's annoying, but it's only once a month.

I can't believe it takes 40 minutes to dismiss the kids - you must have 2,000 :lol:

4. 1angel

1angel Rookie

Oct 27, 2008

Nope--only 600. And believe me 40 minutes is on a good day where nothing goes wrong!

5. storyh

storyh Companion

Oct 27, 2008

Are you at a charter school, b/c that sounds a lot like where I worked last year? I feel for ya!