*~*~* August 15-21 To Do Lists *~*~*

Discussion in 'Special Education' started by mom2mikey, Aug 14, 2010.

1. mom2mikey

mom2mikey Cohort

Aug 14, 2010

Getting closer! :eek:

3. mom2mikey

mom2mikey Cohort

Aug 14, 2010

So here is mine:
    - Finish up staff bulletin board
    - Finish up hygeine board
    - Finish up prayer board
    - Finish up morning meeting board
    - Put up visual procedures
    - Individual Programming Binders for 6 students (same 6 I was working on last week - all in various states of completion)
    - Finish organizing file folder/envelope games/match cards/interactive books/wipe off activities...etc. in to bins based on skills addressed

4. karebear76

karebear76 Habitué

Aug 15, 2010

I am almost afraid to type a list, b/c it just shows me how little is done & how much remains! I'm still working on my master to do list. My computer things should improve quickly now that I finally got Word for my computer. I have several things I want to update, or forms to create and I can work on that stuff at home in the evening and devote my days to things that are tied to my physical room.

So heading out tomorrow, hoping to get all my loose ends tied up.
    * Finish my ladybug decor
    * Complete room arrangement
    * Put away boxes
    * Clean up the filing cabinet. I was bad and just put stuff in drawers to get it out of the way so now I need to file it properly.
    * Also need to pull out all the IEPs for the new 5th grade teacher.
    * Make files for new class.
    * Make student data binders
    * Make student reading binders
    * Plan & organize teacher's binder

5. karebear76

karebear76 Habitué

Aug 16, 2010

Ha Ha all loose ends tied up!

I did finish the student reading binders, and final room arrangement. I gained my 3 broken desks back, although they're now fixed. So I have room if I get move ins. Started teacher binder, and put away a few more things. Hung up the rest of my posters.

My smartboard is installed, so I don't have to worry about kids or me bumping the projector cart and messing it up a million times a day! The board is mounted over the chalkboard & the projector is suspended from the ceiling! It's even set up to show videos or dvds from the TV with just moving the AV cables. I have a class set of student response clickers to go with it. Lovin' it! Also found out that the color printer will be installed soon, and I'll be getting an upgraded teacher computer (slimline CPU & possibly a flat panel monitor!!) I *LOVE* our tech guy! He's fantastic!!

Taking my baby to the dr tomorrow, so I won't be in my room. Back at it on Wednesday.

6. mom2mikey

mom2mikey Cohort

Aug 17, 2010

Woo hoo on all the cool tech stuff karebear. I am supposed to get a Smartboard this summer but haven't seen it yet and am starting to worry I may not get it so I'm putting together materials for morning meeting Bulletin board as that is what we will use if I don't have a Smartboard (still 2 weeks to go though so there is hope).

Way to go on getting your lose ends tied up.

I just found out today that we will NOT BE ALLOWED in the school next week Wednesday and Thursday. We start school the next Monday. Thursday is actually our first staff day but it is a division day so we wouldn't be at the school during the day. The problem is though that I have overnight care for my son those days and I often go in late at night to get things done. Arrrrggg. So I need to have it all done by Tuesday really.

7. teachersk

teachersk Connoisseur

Aug 17, 2010

M2M- That's how it was at my school... we actually weren't allowed in until after Aug 16 (Today!!)

I won't be going in today because I still have all of these individual binders, work binders, Skills binders, etc. to complete... but hope to go in on Thursday to put things together. The room is pretty much "ready" but was just waxed and cleaned over the summer so I'll have to arrange furniture, figure out where my new 1:1 teaching area will be for my new kid, etc.

I hope to get some pics to share on here when I go in on Thursday.

8. teachersk

teachersk Connoisseur

Aug 17, 2010

Here's my list... MUST finish these today. They're ALL things that I start working on, get distracted, and do something else. Ugh!

-FINISH Morning Focus Binders
    -FINISH Student Work Binders
    -FINISH laminating independent living skills daily flash cards
    -FINISH skills binders and IEP data sheets
    -CREATE special olympics data sheets to show to district to prove that program is working
    -VELCRO all of my morning focus binders, token boards, schedule pieces, and Hygiene schedules.

If I could get these things done, I'll be in a good place!!!!

9. mom2mikey

mom2mikey Cohort

Aug 17, 2010

Okay - lets break this down a bit more. Today I will:

- buy material to cover my classroom boards and get them covered with boarders on :) - DONE (as much as I can at this point as the maintenance people have to come in before I can finish putting up the last couple)
    - get Sensible Pencil program materials together for the 4 students that use it - DONE!
    - finish putting my Edmark program in to file folders (I have a bunch of supplementary materials that I made so I want to put it in the order that it should get done in) - DONE!
    - finish the one program binder that I am closest to finishing
    - make labels for all my new wonderful bins that I found on sale yesterday (I love bins) and put the labels on the bins
    - phone agency that oversees our PT and see if there is anyway to make things work given some of their new policies - DONE :)
    - phone parent whose child will be getting a different one-on-one because the one I had told her about has quit over the summer - left a message - what more can you do?
    - phone the learning assistant that will now be assigned to above student as I am doing some shuffling and the new hire will be with a different student because we need experience with above student - left a message here to :)

10. mom2mikey

mom2mikey Cohort

Aug 18, 2010

Another day here :). I'm leaving the labeling for now as the maintenance people need to come in and do a few change types of things and I need to figure out exactly where I'm putting some of this stuff (so it will matter which side I label). I also want to completely finish programming set up first so that I know I have organized everything in a way that will make those go smoothly. So for today:

- still finishing that first programming binder (although am only about a half hour away at this point)
    - finish programming binder number 2
    - finish all visual routine strips that will be going up in the classroom
    - buy more material for the one board that I didn't have enough for yesterday and put that and the boarder up :)

Lots of other stuff going on today. We are doing a family time out at the beach with most of the staff from my room which will be fun. I'm also meeting one of my parents for our annual end of summer coffee :).

11. missapril81

missapril81 Companion

Aug 18, 2010

bad thing about my to do list is when i take one item off, i add 5 more in its place. school starts tomorrow, the reading teacher and i decided to wait until monday to start pulling. that way kids have a chance to learn the rules of their class, but i will be going into the room when my scheduled times are so that the kids can meet me. a lot of my groups this year i am pushing into the classroom, and a few i will do pull out.

12. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Aug 18, 2010

Missapril81--that's how we structure our first few days as well. The students need time to become a part of their general ed classroom.

I'm trying to work through my To-do list now, because once we all start, my list seems to grow exponentially each day.