Attn: Saved by the Bell Fans

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 17, 2014

Anyone heard about this yet? They're making a TV movie called "The Unauthorized Saved by the Bell Story". It will be on the Lifetime channel on Labor Day. I'm intrigued to watch.

Lifetime takes a nostalgic look back at the ‘90s TV show that changed the landscape of Saturday mornings with America’s favorite teens. "The Unauthorized Saved by the Bell Story" delves into the experiences of six unknown young actors placed into the Hollywood spotlight, exposing the challenges of growing up under public scrutiny while trying to maintain the squeaky clean image of their popular characters both on and off-screen. "The Unauthorized Saved by the Bell Story" is filming in Vancouver and the movie will premiere Labor Day, Monday September 1, at 9 pm PT/ET.

To read more, click here: http://www.mylifetime.com/movies/the-unauthorized-saved-by-the-bell-story/about

3. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Aug 17, 2014

I heard...lots on controversy on this one...Now Dustin Diamond aka Screech said its someone using his name...

4. gr3teacher

gr3teacher Phenom

Aug 17, 2014

Dustin Diamond is pretty much a terrible person. I wouldn't want to risk doing something which would ever help him make money. I did love Saved by the Bell back in the day, but... yeah. Not going to watch it, ever.

5. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 17, 2014

Didn't watch it the first time around.:yawn: I certainly don't have time for celebrity drama or controversy even if I did.:2cents:

6. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Aug 17, 2014

Yeah, I went to a comedy show and he happened to be one of the headliners (I paid 20 bucks before I knew this unfortunately!!) and a lot of jokes made fun of the show's cast and he sounded pretty bitter. He was selling autographed pictures of himself but I don't think anyone bought any LOL

7. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Aug 17, 2014

Ms I...I must admit that you watch more TV and movies than anyone I know :hugs:

Before I retired this year I have to admit that I was jealous sometimes because you seemed to have so much more free time than me, yet you had a good job. :lol:

8. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 17, 2014

Truthfully, even if I had time, there's very little I'm interested in watching.:yawn: great though for these who find enough to be entertaining!

9. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 17, 2014

I've just always watched a lot of TV, even since I was a child. I had my shows I liked: Wonder Woman (Lynda Carter), Little House on the Prairie, Gilligan's I., Brady Bunch, I Love Lucy, & more. Shows surely aren't the way they used to be, but I have my list that I like.

But, the thing is, I don't have kids (like most people) & rarely go out w/ friends, which I know occupies a lot of people's time.

10. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 17, 2014

Ugh, really? I've only gone to a comedy club once in my life. I saw John Witherspoon at the Improv.

11. tiki7719

tiki7719 Companion

Aug 22, 2014

I'm a huge SBTB fan (I watch it now with my niece and nephew!) but I won't watch this.