Attention AESOP users

Discussion in 'Substitute Teachers' started by azure, Mar 25, 2010.

1. azure

azure Companion

Mar 25, 2010

I've heard that AESOP has now inserted another step in the acceptance process. You now have to type in a two-digit code which shows up on the screen to complete the acceptance process.

I'm not seeing any posts because my district is on spring break. Could those of you who are actively using AESOP please respond here and let us know if you are all seeing this? I'm just wondering if this is happening to all AESOP users or if it's one of those things that each district can decide whether or not they want to use that feature.

3. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Mar 25, 2010

How the heck is that going to work for teachers checking Aesop by telephone?

4. azure

azure Companion

Mar 25, 2010

That's a good question. Maybe you won't have to do that if checking by phone. I think the purpose of it is to stop the "automatic accept" software that some subs use on their computers so they can accept jobs without actually being there in front of their computer.

5. PCdiva

PCdiva Connoisseur

Mar 25, 2010

It makes sense that they could do that to put an end to those programs however I accpeted a job yesterday and didn't have to put in a 2 digit code. It could depend on the district.

6. GlendaLL

GlendaLL Aficionado

Mar 25, 2010

Yup! I now have to put in that code in order to accept a job! Usually, it's a letter and a number.

However, I also have Jobulator to notify me when jobs are posted on Aesop. Jobulator is still the same - click on "More" and then put in my six digit code and accept the job.