Attaching Student work to Bulletin Board

Discussion in 'General Education' started by lauranne26, Aug 12, 2009.

1. lauranne26

lauranne26 Rookie

Aug 12, 2009

My classroom has a movable dividing wall as the back wall. The wall is entirely made up of bulletin board material, however, it's really thick, to the point that I need to use a staple gun to attach anything to it. I want to use this wall as a place to display student work. However, I don't want to have to use a staple gun every time I want to change up student work. The staples are a pain to get out! Any ideas on how to make this easier? I was thinking of putting some type of backing on the board so that I could tape student work up, but I'm not sure what would work? Maybe $1 store table cloths? Or would the tape not stick? I need creative ideas!!

3. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Aug 12, 2009

I would just buy cheap poster board (sometimes on sale at Walgreen's for 39 or even 19 cents) and attach student work to that. I've done that on my door and other places.

4. Lionteacher

Lionteacher Companion

Aug 12, 2009

If it is 8.5 by 11 or smaller it will fit into the gallon size zip lock bags. I have hung those in the past and slipped their work in it because then I have no holes in their papers.

5. CarrieB

CarrieB Companion

Aug 12, 2009

What about thumb tacks, would they go into the wall?

6. lauranne26

lauranne26 Rookie

Aug 12, 2009

Nope..it's way too thick

7. Zorrissa

Zorrissa Rookie

Aug 12, 2009

I have a display in my room titled "Star Student Work". I purchased and laminated colorful stars and hot glued a clothespin to it. I attached the stars with clothespins to a board, and anytime I need to switch out their work it only takes a minute or two because I don't have to deal with stapling it to the wall.

8. glitterfish

glitterfish Comrade

Aug 13, 2009

I laminated colorful construction paper that was just an inch or so wider on all sides than your typical 8.5x11 paper. I solidly attached the construction paper (1 per student) to my cabinets. Then, I stuck 2 paper clips on the top and the bottom of the construction paper, simply by sliding one side of the paper clip behind the construction paper and leaving the other part of the paper clip on top. To display work, simply "slide" it into the paper clips. The construction paper frame stays all year and the assignments change. It's very quick and easy and every assignment has it's own little frame, which instantly enhances the presentation just a bit. I also took a photo of each child and had each child write and decorate their name on a notecard. I placed the nameplate and photo by each frame so that this would be each student's own place to display work all year.

Last year, I chose all the work that would go up, for example, putting up everyone's art project from a specific lesson. Next year, I may let students choose whatever they want to display. Maybe change it every Friday and they get to pick their favorite assignment.

9. LiveNLearn

LiveNLearn Comrade

Aug 13, 2009

10. nothermanda

nothermanda Companion

Aug 13, 2009

We taped clear sheet protectors to the wall so that student work can be slipped in and out without damage. This could work for you if you figure out how to semi-permanently attach things! :cool: