Assistant Principal Interview

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by The Fonz, Feb 27, 2017.

1. The Fonz

The Fonz Math teacher (for now...)

Feb 27, 2017

Hi all,

So I have a screener interview (Interview with assistant superintendents and for approval to move forward in the application process) for Assistant Principal this week. Anyone have experience with something like this? What should I bring, if anything? What sort of questions should I be prepared for?

3. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Feb 27, 2017

Watching this thread closely since I'm possibly going this route in a year...

4. ktmiller222

ktmiller222 Cohort

Feb 27, 2017

Always bring copies of your resume. I don't have experience in interviewing for this type of position but from what I hear you'll probably be asked about managing students behavior/discipline, special education knowledge, handling parents (esp. difficult ones), and how to make sure teachers are following standards/what you would do if a teacher wasn't teaching, etc...good luck!

5. The Fonz

Feb 28, 2017

Yes, those are questions I expected. Thanks!

When I compelted my degree in admin, we did practice interviews and those are all questions that were asked in addition to "leadership theory" questions. I wasn't sure if there would be special specific questions since this is a generic interview and not one for a specific school.

I'll keep this thread posted after my interview to add the questions I was asked.

catnfiddle likes this.
  6. cheeryteacher

cheeryteacher Enthusiast

Mar 5, 2017

I took my resume, cover letter, and I made a principal entry plan for my first 90 days. I tailored it to the district/school based on their school improvement plan/district strategic plan that was posted on their website. I only interviewed with two districts. One hired someone who was already an AP in the district and the other hired me . I think both districts were impressed with the principal entry plan. In addition I familiarized myself with the curriculum, teacher evaluation model, etc. they used so I would be able to give informed answers.

7. The Fonz

Mar 21, 2017

So just to update:

I received word that I was approved by the associate Superintendents. Now I need to meet with the superintendent and board for the final step....such a long process!

This is the final step.

Leaborb192 likes this.
  8. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Mar 22, 2017

WOOT!

9. Leaborb192

Leaborb192 Enthusiast

Mar 22, 2017

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019