assignmentassistant

Discussion in 'Substitute Teachers' started by 7654321, Mar 11, 2009.

1. 7654321

7654321 New Member

Mar 11, 2009

Can anyone tell me about this service? What does it do? Is it worthwhile? Thanks Cindy

3. newteacher08

newteacher08 Companion

Mar 11, 2009

I was wondering that too ..... I posted a question to someone who posted about it.....but no response yet :confused:

4. MzQualified

MzQualified Comrade

Mar 27, 2009

From what I've heard it does the constant searching for you instead of you having to sit and continuously hit the search button looking for assignments. Then it accepts the jobs for you based on your set preferences and it fills up your work week!

5. myownwoman

myownwoman Habitué

Mar 27, 2009

Though it only works with Aesop, not with SEMS or SmartFindExpress.

6. McKennaL

McKennaL Groupie

Mar 30, 2009

I went to the website- but it only looks like you can sign up.. and not find out information.

7. sunshine*inc

sunshine*inc Cohort

Mar 30, 2009

I don't know anything about this system. I know there are some posters here who use Jobulator, which is produced by Frontline Placement Technologies which created Aesop. Last I heard, though, it was only available for use in OH.

8. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

Mar 30, 2009

It's probably created by the Aesop people. Who get's the job if 100 subs in the district use it and 50 of them have the same profile?

No thanks.

9. elvissa

elvissa Rookie

Mar 30, 2009

I actually think it was created by someone who came on this forum a few weeks back and said he was a computer programmer who had been laid off and was now subbing. In one day he posted about 10 responses, almost all bragging about how great assignmentassistant is, and hasn't been back since.

My district uses SubFinder, so this isn't an option for me anyhow, but I take a dim view of people who spam forums like that. I also looked at the website and see that it doesn't include any information about the company or person who makes it. That would make me think twice before I shelled out my hundred bucks.

10. azure

azure Companion

Apr 8, 2009

I think they're hackers

I think all those services except Jobulator (which we don't have in our district) are set up by people who hack into AESOP. And they're expensive! For both those reasons, I will not subscribe. I'd like to hear from those who use these services and think they're worth it and are pleased with them or those who used to and weren't satisfied.