Assignment Assistant, Jobulator or SubJobSearch?

Discussion in 'Substitute Teachers' started by PCdiva, Jan 26, 2010.

1. PCdiva

PCdiva Connoisseur

Apr 12, 2010

Check4change?

2. waffles

waffles Companion

Apr 12, 2010

Reload every.

3. PCdiva

PCdiva Connoisseur

Apr 12, 2010

Oh Ive heard of that too when I was doing my research, mine sings "ch ch ch ch changes..." you know that song LOL.

I wonder if Internet Explorer has anything like that, at home I have Mozilla but at work all the computers have IE and the security is set up so that mozilla cannot be downloaded, Im sure a lot of jobs are posted during the day too, it would be nice to have it running on the classroom computer.

4. waffles

waffles Companion

Apr 12, 2010

If you can use a USB drive then you can get a portable version of Firefox and run it from there. No installation needed.

5. PCdiva

PCdiva Connoisseur

Apr 12, 2010

Really? That sounds good I will have to look into that, I can totally use a USB drive. I guess thats my job for the week to figure out how to do that! Thanks!

6. CD1980

CD1980 Rookie

Apr 12, 2010

Here is what I've learned about these programs: Jobulator is created and run by AESOP, so that's the only one they want you to use...but it doesn't automatically accept jobs for you. It just pings when a job becomes available.

Assignment Assistant used to work well, but AESOP is aware that these programs exist and is taking steps to block them. A lot of districts now require you to key in a code (not your ID, but another letter code that changes every time) before accepting a job. My district now does this, which has rendered Assignment Assistant--and probably all the other similar programs--virtually useless.

HOWEVER, AA has been working to beat this new code. They have excellent customer service and support, unlike SubJobSearch, which makes you pay up front, does not give a free trial, and makes you pay for any type of support, as well. I doubt they are working half as hard to solve the code problem because they already have everybody's money. (AA can be subscribed to monthly.)

Honestly, though, I'm not sure I'd spend any money on these things for a while. AESOP is currently waging a battle against these programs and I'd wait to see who wins!

7. azure

azure Companion

Apr 12, 2010

I do not agree with you at all about SubJobSearch. I have been very happy with their program and their support, for which I have never paid extra. It has worked great for me. With the addition by AESOP of the 2 digit code for acceptance, they have added an audible alert when a job is posted and have said they will have a solution so we can get auto acceptance back before the start of next school year. AA, on the other hand, said they had a solution for that, but they don't.

8. MyOpinion

MyOpinion New Member

Apr 13, 2010

The people at Frontline are definitely bottom feeders and would probably like nothing better then to be able to drive the auto accept companies out of existence. They would like total control with their Jobulator program and eliminate all of their competition. I think that the mafia must run this company. I think what they are doing is just making it harder on subs while trying to get rid the auto accept companies. They would probably like to eliminate Aesop and require all subs to purchase Jobulator every year. I wonder how many more changes they will make to Aesop and how much more aggravation they are going to put the subs through, just so they can double-dip.

9. PCdiva

PCdiva Connoisseur

Apr 13, 2010

I don't 100% agree with you, In my area Jobulator is not even an option. AESOP designs their program so that the district has all of the control...if they want the first job that is reported for the day to automatically go to sub A they can....this way priority is given to their A-list or permanent subs. I think they are trying to make it "fair" by eliminating these programs in an effort to keep their program marketable.

10. azure

azure Companion

Sep 20, 2010

What's up with AESOP now?

So has anyone figured out why the two digit code formerly required to accept a job is now gone?

11. PCdiva

PCdiva Connoisseur

Sep 20, 2010

Wow, this post is old! I got a leave a few days after my post in April that lasted til the end of the year...so I never did get to look into that usb thing! Now I have another 1 year leave in another district so no Aesop for me this year.

Maybe the districts didnt like the 2 digit codes? I know my admin. was saying it a big pain, for every change they made in the AM they had to put the code in and they were on tight time constraints in the am placing everyone before school starts???

12. txhotrod

txhotrod Rookie

Oct 6, 2010

Well i did that last year and forgot to sign up 1/2 off so i had to pay full price and i know i got at least two jobs i would not have known about had i not had the jobulator...when cooking dinner its a bit much sometimes to keep checking the computer :)...so right there it paid for itself...

13. azure

azure Companion

Oct 6, 2010

Question for those using Assignment Assistant

Since AESOP users have had to agree not to use any auto-accept programs, I'm wondering . . . has anybody who uses Assistant Assistant been dropped by AESOP?

14. Subber

Subber Companion

Oct 8, 2010

These assignment assistants work with AESOP only, right? What works with Subfinder?

For me, I have no preference on the subjects but I have over the grades. Some days, I just do not want to get tired from subbing, say middle school grades, or in fact elementary grades. It seems that subfinder doesn't give info what grade it is. :mad:

15. jennyteacher

jennyteacher New Member

Oct 15, 2010

I signed up to substitute teacher through an agency for multiple districts. This agency says that if you job search while you are subbing that they will kick you off and you will no longer be allowed to sub for these districts. So what my question is is that I would like to use a program to grab jobs or whatnot, but is there a way on either AA, jobulator or subjobsearch to set specific times that you want them to search for jobs? So if I am done with a job at 4pm, then the program will start looking at 4:00 since I set that time, or a way to set "don't look for jobs while I am working?"

I want to be able to grab jobs while I am away from my computer and leave it running all the time. I hope I made my question clear.

16. hbcaligirl1985

hbcaligirl1985 Cohort

Dec 5, 2012

Sorry for reviving an old topic--but what apps/assistants are available to me if I only use SubFinder?