Assignment Assistant, Jobulator or SubJobSearch?

Discussion in 'Substitute Teachers' started by PCdiva, Jan 26, 2010.

1. GlendaLL

GlendaLL Aficionado

Jan 27, 2010

Jobulator had a trial run last year in a handful of states. This is the first year that they have been available to anyone.

2. springmac

springmac Companion

Jan 27, 2010

Assignment assistant has been around for quite a while, I believe. They just recently started the message board feature on the website.

3. PCdiva

PCdiva Connoisseur

Feb 2, 2010

Update!

So, I've had AA running on my computer 24/7 and it hasnt automatically accepted anything...so Im not so sure it works...it does a fabulous job of refreshing every 15 seconds so I can see if something pops up. But I have to be within eye shot of the computer. One of my friends has said the same thing....oh well it sounded good!

4. myownwoman

myownwoman Habitué

Feb 3, 2010

I guess you have to be at the right place in the right time.

5. springmac

springmac Companion

Feb 3, 2010

Maybe there haven't been many jobs, PCdiva? Just guessing...sub jobs have been slow here too. I changed my parameters so that AA is refreshing every 7 seconds. I've been getting jobs...just not a lot right now. Usually Nov-Dec and May are the busiest times. I got a ton of jobs before Christmas.

6. myownwoman

myownwoman Habitué

Feb 3, 2010

Not to scare anybody, but could it be the March 15 deadline?

7. dragonfly05

dragonfly05 Companion

Feb 3, 2010

I'm trying this out too...do you have your parameters set for accept jobs the day after tomorrow? That is what I've kept mine on and I've been getting jobs! Sometimes mine automatically logs out as well which is kind of frustrating. Double check you don't just have it accepting jobs for today or tomorrow because if you leave it that way for the next day...it will be "searching" for something in the past.

8. PCdiva

PCdiva Connoisseur

Feb 6, 2010

Thats what I was thinking with the tomorrow, beyond, etc. It was a little confusing...so now I just put it to the actual date this way it will search for the day I want, like thursday when I went to work I typed in Fridays actual date...but nothing came up...I think its the settings that my district is using...Im going to give it a few more days

9. PCdiva

PCdiva Connoisseur

Feb 6, 2010

What is the March 15 deadline? Is that a Cali thing?

10. azure

azure Companion

Feb 11, 2010

It is not available to everyone. It's only available if your school district agrees to have it available and mine does not. Therefore I got SubJobSearch. It accepts jobs automatically when you're not at home. It's worked great for me.

11. myownwoman

myownwoman Habitué

Feb 12, 2010

The March 15 deadline is the day when districts decide who to layoff. I mentioned this day because it could account for the slowdown in sub jobs. I am not sure though.

12. PCdiva

PCdiva Connoisseur

Feb 12, 2010

Oh, we dont have that March 15 day in NY.

I am working often, not today though bc its the day before february break and teachers get docked pay if they call in sick or personal for today.

I have 3 computers in my house...I think it just doesnt agree with Vista...bc it shuts down all the time...on my other computer it seems to work however Ive gotten more jobs by requests so they dont actually go to Aesop. So I dont know if it would work or if there just really is nothing to accept off of aesop.

Jobulator is also not available in my school.

13. Hare

Hare New Member

Feb 16, 2010

Folks,

I wrote a polite letter to subjobsearch by email to find out more about their program and here is what I got.

I am looking at the other two options to accept Aesop sub jobs but am unable to find reviews about your program. Do you offer a trial period, so that I can judge whether I would like to use your program, rather than the others?
    \
    \
    Sent: Tue 2/16/10 3:02 PM
    To: richardheer@hotmail.com
    Dear Richard
    SubJobSearch is the best program of it's kind on the market, so we don't offer free trials. We recommend that you go with one of the other two low quality options that are available.
    Sincerely
    JRM Software Solutions

Wow, this is not a friendly, top marketing mogul is it. I am afraid, that as much as I would like to try this program, this email would scare me away.

Thanks,

Hare

14. PCdiva

PCdiva Connoisseur

Feb 16, 2010

WOW, that is sooo rude! I can not believe that a company would write that...I did not like the fact that you couldnt subscribe monthly to it and had to pay upfront...to me that is not worth it because hopefully (fingers crossed) I will get another leave replacement this year and not have to use it for much longer than a month. (It does appear that they lowered their price...it was around $150/year when I first started looking).

Good Luck!

15. springmac

springmac Companion

Feb 17, 2010

Wow...that is pretty rude. I would think if they were really confident in their product, they would offer a small trial. Poor marketing.