Asking About Pay

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by S Dubb, Mar 19, 2014.

1. S Dubb

S Dubb Comrade

Mar 19, 2014

I have a second round interview tomorrow with the head of human resources in a district I am very interested in. I've been teaching for a little less than 10 years, and I was wondering how appropriate/inappropriate it would be if, at some point during the interview, I asked about the pay scale.

My gut says not to ask until I am (hopefully) offered a job, but I was just wondering what you all thought.

Thanks in advance!

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Mar 19, 2014

They will discuss money when they are ready to make an offer. It's best not to ask until then, but you should be able to get info about the district payscale online.

4. S Dubb

S Dubb Comrade

Mar 19, 2014

Thanks very much for the input. That's pretty much what I figured, but I wanted to make sure.

5. Rhesus

Rhesus Comrade

Mar 21, 2014

Do some sniffing around on the district website and BOE documents. You might find a PDF of the contract with the salary schedule. That can give you an idea, depending on what step they bring you in on.

6. tonysam

tonysam Comrade

Mar 30, 2014

Since salary scales in public school districts are public information, you should be able to find that information on the district's website.

You really don't want to ask this information in an interview.