Asking about other interviews?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by BumbleB, Aug 9, 2011.

1. BumbleB

BumbleB Habitué

Aug 9, 2011

I had an interview today with the assistant superintendent and curriculum and instruction director. Randomly in the middle of the interview, the assistant superintendent asked me, "have you had any other interviews?"

Why would she ask this? Because she wants to know how desirable I am? Or maybe my interview was going so awkwardly that she thought it was my first :lol:

Maybe I'm overanalyzing, but i've never been asked that before and I was just wondering what her motives could have been.

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 9, 2011

What was your answer?

4. BumbleB

BumbleB Habitué

Aug 9, 2011

I said, "I've had a few and am waiting to hear back from one". Which is true lol.

5. HOPE-fulTeacher

HOPE-fulTeacher Comrade

Aug 9, 2011

I have had that question asked of me a couple of times before, and while I did feel awkward (like they were checking to see how "in demand" I've been), but I more got the impression that they wanted to know so that they could make sure and lock me up before other people did! One P actually kept asking me over and over if I'd had interviewed anywhere else, if I had any other ones scheduled, if I'd received any other offers...it was really flattering but also a little off-putting because she sounded so desperate to lock me in!