As the end of the year is upon us don't forget to thank your lunch lady

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by chicagoturtle, Jun 5, 2007.

1. chicagoturtle

chicagoturtle Fanatic

Jun 5, 2007

This was in the paper here this morning...
    http://www.suntimes.com/news/brown/411527,CST-NWS-brown03.article

We are always sure to thank our lunch personel as they do a lot for us, but I admit I didn't ever think that some of the ladies in the lunch room may think the food choices are as ludacris as I thought they were...

Made me think....

3. ellen_a

ellen_a Groupie

Jun 5, 2007

I ADORED my lunch ladies in VA--the manager approached me about my guys "interning" for food prep experience and the lunch ladies were all so wonderful to my kids. We gave our cafeteria staff a framed certificate at the end of the year highlighting their dedication to community inclusion and authentic education. Our "regular" lunch ladies were always so patient with my guys who used modified systems for ordering or paying for lunch, and they ALWAYS worked on social skills with my guys without much prompting from me. They were some of the best personnel I encountered in the entire school.

4. Mable

Mable Enthusiast

Jun 5, 2007

I can't tell you how many people I thanked this year...

the PTA
    my coworkers
    the secretary
    the principal's secretary
    the custodians
    * all with gifts as well.

Out of all of these people, on 2 said "thank you" for the gift.

5. Mamacita

Mamacita Aficionado

Jun 6, 2007

Back in my former middle school, our very married lunch lady was having a very public affair with our very married health teacher. All the kids knew it. They carried on right here at school, and out in the parking lot, too. We used to watch them in his car, via the security cameras. Not because we wanted to (gross nasty people!) but because the monitors were in the teacher's lunchroom and there really wasn't any place to look where we couldn't see them.

Most of us didn't care to get all that close to her. We knew where those hands had BEEN. Ewwwwww, the stank of cheatin' was upon her. She was too busy committing adultery to do her job properly, and her assistant ended up with the bigger load.

Her assistant, however, was a very kind and decent lady, and we chipped in and gave her a nice big gift card to the mall on the last day.