As of Jan I will no longer be teaching.....

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by GradSTUDENT07, Dec 19, 2008.

1. GradSTUDENT07

GradSTUDENT07 Rookie

Dec 19, 2008

So after months of searching for a job; I landed something. I was called at the beginning of Oct and started working mid month. Well I was informed that since the county has eliminiated a bunch of positions and need to place those people and I was the last to hire so that means me! It sucks, it's the hoildays and I have been dealing with personal drama, I broke up with my boyfriend last week, I had property stolen, My credit cards are pretty much maxed out and now this! :dizzy: I thought last week I was at my breaking point but I guess not....I am so sad, angry at my cirumstances and pray things get better. I just needed to vent. Thanks for listening.

3. terptoteacher

terptoteacher Connoisseur

Dec 19, 2008

So Sorry!!!:(:hugs:

4. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Dec 19, 2008

:hugs: I'm so sorry. That is a lot to go through at one time.

5. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Dec 19, 2008

I'm sorry. What an awful time for this to happen to you. Hopefully your luck will turn around soon!

6. RainStorm

RainStorm Phenom

Dec 19, 2008

Grad,
    I can certainly understand why you need to vent. This is a lot to cope with...especially all at once. There is a saying I remind myself of when I need to be stronger.... I just thought I'd share it with you...

"I used to pray for an easy life. Now, I pray to be a strong person."

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

7. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Dec 19, 2008

Very sorry to read about all that you are going through.
    My prayers are with you and hope that the new year will be better for you. Reflect on all the positive things and blessings that you have had in your life. Hope you can get in touch with your family for more support and reassurance that you do matter and you can make a positive change in your life.
    May God help and guide you,
    Rebel1

8. sunshine*inc

sunshine*inc Cohort

Dec 20, 2008

I'm sorry you're having to deal with all of this :(
    I hope things turn around for the better soon.

9. Ms. Geography

Ms. Geography Comrade

Dec 20, 2008

I'm so sorry and after all your hard work! You'll be in my prayers.

10. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Dec 20, 2008

I'm so sorry.

Give yourself a day or two to have a pity party, then figure out what you'll do next.

Can you start with tutoring? Type up a resume and cover letter and send it to any school within a reasonable commute.

Or would you prefer to sub? I would imagine you could get started right away. You've probably already been fingerprinted and whatnot, right? Don't forget the local non-public schools; competition may be a bit less fierce.

Hang in there. If I've learned anything over the last year, it's that we can handle a WHOLE LOT more than we think!!

11. mandagap06

mandagap06 Devotee

Dec 20, 2008

So sorry, but just remember with God we can get through anything!

12. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Dec 20, 2008

That IS a lot to deal with at once. HUGS!!!!

To echo Alice, Tutoring is actually a lot of fun. I gave it a go this semester and was really surprised at just how much I really enjoyed it even though I didn't see them everyday like I would in a traditional class.

13. calover

calover New Member

Dec 20, 2008

Hi GradStudent... I am sorry about your situation... That really sucks! Hopefully you can land a gig tutoring for the time being, or possibly even something part time to help out. Now is the time to strengthen your skills though and it sounds like you may be in Grad School so that is awesome!!

Also, just know that you are not alone... It is a really sh$**y economy right now, so keep your head up, and don't let that get you down! :)

14. GradSTUDENT07

GradSTUDENT07 Rookie

Dec 20, 2008

Everyone Thank YOU

I wanted to THANK Everyone who read my post. I appreciate ALL the words of encourgement, prayers and advice. This has been a really horrible time for me but I have taken your advice and begun to look at ALL my blessings. My son, family, friends and A to Z friends! Are keeping me strong! I know everything happens for a reason. I have started to look at it this way...I was with a sucky guy who I needed to get rid of; why bring unneccesary drama into the new year, although what was stolen was extremely valuable things can be replaced and I was brought to the school to either learn something and/or reach a student(s) in some way but whatever the reason was it must have been accomplished and now God wants me somewhere else.

I also wanted to say I agree with everyone who suggested I tutor thats actually what brought me into the eduactional field. I enjoyed tutoring so much! Its really awesome! I think I enjoyed tutoring a little more then being a classroom teacher..less paper work! LOL!

Have a wonderful and blessed Christmas! :hugs:

15. GradSTUDENT07

GradSTUDENT07 Rookie

Dec 20, 2008

Cal, your right the economy is so crappy...I'm not alone. I pray the economy gets better for everyone.

16. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Dec 20, 2008

Do try to enjoy your Christmas. It sounds like you are looking with the right attitude.

In the meantime, we'll still be here.

17. trayums

trayums Enthusiast

Dec 20, 2008

I'm so sorry!!!!! The best phrase my father used to say in times like these was: "This too shall pass". and it will, but it won't be easy unfortunately! Keep your chin up!!!!

18. GradSTUDENT07

GradSTUDENT07 Rookie

Dec 20, 2008

Hey D

:hugs:I wanted to also THANK YOU for ALL your help, encouragment and taking the time out of your busy schedule to reply to all my e-mails! YOU ARE AWESOME! Have a very Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones and a blessed New Year! :hugs:

19. Ms. Geography

Ms. Geography Comrade

Dec 20, 2008

You are so very welcome. Let me know if I can help...I've got tons of stuff as you've seen, so let me know when you get settled in your new position and you're ready to bounce!! Merry Christmas to you and yours and a very Blessed New Year!! Keep me posted.

20. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Dec 24, 2008

I am so sorry to hear about your situation. There is something out there. You just have to open a new door. Keep us posted on your hunt.

21. Missy99

Missy99 Connoisseur

Dec 24, 2008

Ditto Rain's comments.

I am wishing the best for you.

22. GradSTUDENT07

GradSTUDENT07 Rookie

Dec 27, 2008

I'll make sure to keep everyone updated on whats going on....somedays are good while other days I'm depressed. One day at a time...slowly...but I know I'll get there. Have a wonderful New Year! and again I'll keep everyone posted!