As far as I'm concerned...

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Canadian Gal, Oct 31, 2008.

1. Canadian Gal

Canadian Gal Habitué

Nov 3, 2008

2. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Nov 3, 2008

But if you wait for the right guy, there IS no number 2. July will be 20 years for us.

3. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Nov 3, 2008

In the Chit Chat section, you posted the following:

Now, would you rather date numerous guys like that or fewer, much more high quality guys? You'll never get married if you keep going for men like this. I guess back then, you wanted to just have fun & not worry about commitment, but now that you want more of a long-term relationship, good for you that you're trying to make some effort to make a change when you also stated that you're working on demanding what you deserve from the guys in your life and having very clear boundaries.

As you've probably (or should have) learned by now, the pretty boys & those in the limelight know they can get anyone they want & therefore tend to have overinflated egos. They're not going to work too hard at treating anyone right unless they're ready to have that one special lady & settle down.

4. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Nov 3, 2008

Ahhhh...pretty much; it's the geeks in high school who are doing pretty great NOW!!!! And everyone thought the jocks were the way to go; well; actually, I knew they weren't!!! LOL

5. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Nov 3, 2008

I was first married at 22 then 31 then 39 (then a single Parent for 7 years) then 52 see you can marry at any time :lol:

6. Canadian Gal

Canadian Gal Habitué

Nov 3, 2008

The guys I date are REALLY good at SEEMING high quality. They know how to fake it. Especially since they're good at treating me like a Princess which is something that I like lol.

See to me, ruling out the pretty boy is like instantly saying that he can't be a nice or high quality guy. Which isn't totally true. I mean, I don't want to rule out the not-so-attractive guy, and I really am trying not to.

However, just because I want to date better guys, and want to be better than the girl a guy is seeing doesn't mean I want to totally get married. I joke a marriage #2 because I really doubt I'm ever going to get married, even if I find Mr. Right.

7. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Nov 3, 2008

Well you are out of luck wife and I are back to being loving again
    :lol::lol::lol:

8. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Nov 4, 2008

Glad things are on the upswing Dave! Relationships take work...:love:

9. SuzieQ

SuzieQ Companion

Nov 5, 2008

Can I be Honest here? There comes a point when you have to take responsibilty in your choices and decisions. I was very young when I got pregnant by a guy who would not own up to his responsibility but we both made the decision that ended up in a baby. The baby does exist and so does your ex's. It seems like you resent the baby by saying he doesn't exist. .But I have gone through what you are going through. My mom's best advice was to never cry over a man,cry when soomeone dies or gets cancer but not over them being a jerk. Go out ,be with your friends you are too young to waste your time. I feel that women do have an intuition about men but at times we may supress that feeling. And sometimes we are attracted to that bad boy.

10. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Nov 6, 2008

I am sorry that you feel that this child does not exist because of your exist. As was previously stated the child does exist and it is not the child's fault that your ex is a jerk. Believe me, I know how it feels to have your child seem to not exist while taking care of another child. But I also know that was his decision to be with these ladies and not the children who he are helping support. You are making choices that is allowing yourself to be hurt. You keep stating if I do this or if I do that then he will win. It should not be about who wins because in the long run you are losing because you are the one that is hurting, you are bitter and you are the one who will not let things go which is bad for your health. Please find a way to let go because you are going to damage your physical health. Maybe you should speak to a minister at your church for some counseling if you can't get an appointment with your dr.