Arts and Humanities

Discussion in 'High School' started by johnnyluke, Aug 1, 2007.

1. johnnyluke

johnnyluke New Member

Aug 1, 2007

Fellow teachers:

I have been given the task of teaching arts & humanities this year. Since I'm certified to teach Spanish and have never taught A&H before, I could use some help. Anyone know any good A&H websites, specifically those aligned with Kentucky's core content? If so, please let me know. Right now, I'm looking for ways to communicate ideas through visual art. I would appreciate any help you could give.

jl

3. ChangeAgent

ChangeAgent Comrade

Aug 1, 2007

What exactly will your arts and humanities couse(s) teach? Is it separate from history, English, and foreign languages? Is it basically art (visual, music, dance, drama)? Is it creating art, or interpreting it? Could we just have some more information/clarification?

4. johnnyluke

johnnyluke New Member

Aug 2, 2007

My class

My arts and humanities class is a separate class. I will be teaching the drama and visual arts part of the A&H class. The music teacher will be taking care of music and dance.

5. Weazy

Weazy Comrade

Aug 2, 2007

I don't know Kentucky's core content standards, but can you use film as part of the visual arts? There are a lot of resources dedicated to using film in the classroom. (check Techers's Discovery and Teacher's Media)