Art Lesson Approaches

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by laceyk8, Jun 19, 2014.

1. laceyk8

laceyk8 Rookie

Jun 19, 2014

I am finishing my last few assignments before student teaching, and maybe I'm just thinking too far into this but hopefully someone here can help.

I had to create a lesson plan for an art lesson, but one of the other things I have to do is create a list alternative approaches to teaching an art lesson (any art lesson not mine specifically.) The lesson I created consisted of a short introduction to the lesson, guided practice, and then independent student practice where they completed their project.

Luckily I'm not planning on being an art teacher because I cannot think of any alternative approaches, or maybe I'm not fully understanding what they're asking for. I was hoping someone may be able to give me one or two examples of an alternative approach and hopefully it will help get me thinking on the right track! :unsure:

Thanks in advance!

3. teachart

teachart Comrade

Jun 19, 2014

Hm, possibly they mean alternative strategies, adaptations, extensions?

What is your lesson? I can help if I have more information.

4. laceyk8

laceyk8 Rookie

Jun 19, 2014

Thank you Teachart. I think (or at least hope) I figured it out. I submitted it and am just waiting for it to be graded, hoping what I came up with made sense. :)

I believe they meant alternative strategies, but they could've very well meant adaptations or extensions, the directions were fairly vague. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Thanks again!

5. heavens54

heavens54 Connoisseur

Jun 22, 2014

Maybe they meant accommodations for students who might not keep up with your one approach?