Art Carts?

Discussion in 'Art Teachers' started by Securis, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Securis

Securis Cohort

Apr 28, 2011

Looking for the best possible cart. I might have to serve my lower elementary in their rooms next year rather than them transition to my room. I get to have a base room so no worries there. I'm just looking for opinions and suggestions on the best cart to carry one or two lessons worth on for 30 students.

Thanks in advance.

3. MrsTeacherLady

MrsTeacherLady New Member

Jul 25, 2011

For the past two years I did "Art ala carte" because my main classroom is in the high school wing and my middle school art class is wayyy down the hall. I share a room with other art teachers so I just hauled everything on the cart. However, I was always running up and down the hall for extra things. Now I found some extra storage space in the art room so that simplifies things. I have a two-tiered cart but would have preferred a three-tier one so that it would be at my height to use the computer while standing. I use an ELMO a lot to project things I have bookmarked on my laptop. I was lucky to get a cart from the janitor at all but am hoping to upgrade to a higher cart. At least I don't have to rely on the cart for my portable stuff now. I do such a variety of lessons that it was challenging to fit it all on the cart. If a student was absent, then they needed things from the day before or for several days. One thing I kept on the cart that helped was a small plastic bin with hanging files that are numbered in sequence. I could keep the lessons in order at my fingertips and pull out the details from the file.