Art auction...... help

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by fiskeda, Jan 29, 2010.

1. fiskeda

fiskeda Rookie

Jan 29, 2010

We are having a dinner/ art action... i need some ideas for the kids to make and auction off... i have little one young 3 and 4's.

thanks,
    dana

3. sarzacsmom

sarzacsmom Groupie

Jan 29, 2010

marble paintings are awesome. All you need is a bin (like a rubbermaid one or similar), white paper, paint and a few marbles. the children choose the three or four colors they want to use, they drop the marbles in the paint and then place them on the paper in the bin and then they rock the bin back and forth. They come out awesome and look really cool-- like museum abstact art

4. SamIAm

SamIAm Companion

Jan 29, 2010

String painting and plastic knife and fork paintings are also fun abstract art projects. String painting is just like it sounds. You just dip strings into paint and move them across the paper. Knife and fork painting works much like regular painting except the way the paint is applied creates interesting textures.

Also, fabric collages are super cool! You just get a bunch of different textured pieces of fabric, cardboard and even bubble wrap... whatever you can think of, and have the children paste them to a sturdy board (like pizza box cardboard). You can either cut the pieces for them so they just have to paste it, or you can let them cut themselves. With your age group, it might be easier for you to do the cutting first.

If you want them to make some sculptures, you can do this neat activity with play-doh and pipe cleaners. First, show the children how they can manipulate the pipe cleaners to make different shapes (curly cue, zig-zag, hearts etc.). Then, give them a chunk of play-doh or modeling clay (about the size of your fist), and have them twist the pipe cleaners into various shapes and push them into the play-doh. This gives them the freedom to be as abstract or as realistic as they want. You might get a free-form sculpture or a garden. :)

Hope that helps!

5. Maxadoodle

Maxadoodle Comrade

Jan 30, 2010

There is a cool website with children's artwork to give you ideas.

[​IMG] Just scroll down to the "just browsing" and click on "preschool".

One great school is Camelback Desert School.

Hope this helps.

6. Maxadoodle

Maxadoodle Comrade

Jan 30, 2010

7. fiskeda

fiskeda Rookie

Jan 30, 2010

thank you all...

8. MissJennifer

MissJennifer Companion

Jan 30, 2010

last year for our art auction we purchased canvases and each student painted a canvas with oil paints. Some of the pictures were very detailed, and some were very abstract! The parents loved them all! :) We also had the local glass school make a donation of supplies and time to us. So, we took a trip to the glass school and the kids each got to make a fused glass nightlight and some magnets. So you might make a few calls and see what you can find out! :) The nightlights were really cool!

9. pabef

pabef Comrade

Feb 4, 2010

We have taken pictures of the kids in dress-up clothes and mounted them to mat board and had the kids draw their likeness next too it. I know it is not Christmas time, but we made cute trinket trees. Have children bring junk from the bottom of the toy box (puzzle pieces, legos, Barbie shoes, etc.) Glue styrefoam cones to a cd and then to a plastic bowl inverted. Then have the children hand you items while you hot glue them on the cone. GLue a star eraser to the top and spray paint gold. Really cute. We also let the kids water color on donated mat board and place a black and white pic of them with ric rac around it. We did sillouetes that sold for $25 bucks each. Using black bulletin board paper and a white mat board. We did crayon resist. The teacher traced a cross patteron on white card stock and the kids water colored over. We mounted on colored mat board. I have a mom who owns a frame shop, so we are lucky enough to get lots of leftover mat board for free.

10. dogs&teaching

dogs&teaching Comrade

Feb 4, 2010

I have 5 kids in one class and for our auction I decided to have each one make a coaster. I had each student decoupage tissue paper squares to tiles. Then, each student took their picture and decoupaged it on top of the tissue paper. I had cutouts of each letter of their name and put their name on it. I even made one myself so it was a set of 6 coasters. They turned out really cute. We haven't had our auction yet, but I'm waiting to see how much they go for.