arm toning?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by silverspoon65, Jan 2, 2009.

1. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Jan 2, 2009

Anyone have any good arm toning exercises for the upper arm? Mine are huge... I have such a hard time buying clothes because if it fits my torso, the arms are too tight - if it fits my arms, the torso is too big.

I just bought this adorable coat from macys. http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=345957&CategoryID=41491

And its too tight on my arms. I got the biggest size, and it just fits. Maybe an inch or two off the arms and it would be perfect. It has inspired me to do a little toning.

Any tips?

3. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Jan 2, 2009

I just saw a thing on the news about how gym memberships are down because of the economy and how you can use water bottles as weights. I love Denise Austin's toning exercises if you can find something out there by her (she used to have a show on Lifetime, but I'm not sure if it's on anymore). Also Discovery Health has a lot of exercises on their website.

Dips are always good - where you have your back to the couch or a table and lower yourself down slightly and back up.

PS - it is a very cute coat!

4. emmakate218

emmakate218 Connoisseur

Jan 2, 2009

Pilates! ...which will tone your entire body. I have three Crunch Pilates fitness DVDs with Ellen Barrett. I like her as an instructor...not too annoying...like Denise Austin! Sorry! :)

5. boogaboo214

boogaboo214 Companion

Jan 3, 2009

I love taebo!! All that punching in mid air really strengthens your arms and the exercises aren't that hard and it is a good ful body work out!!

6. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Jan 3, 2009

I have been told that push ups are the best upper body work out -- for chest and arms. You just need to put your hands in different positions (hands touching, hands below shoulders, arms wide apart, fingers pointing towards each other..).

7. cMcD

cMcD Groupie

Jan 3, 2009

Turbo Jam. There is a DVD called Turbo Sculpt. It worked for me. But joining a gym and taking weight lifting classes and kickboxing has worked the best. My arms have never been this toned before (and I've lost 15 pounds...).

OR you could get some 5 - 7.5 pound neoprene weights from Target. Search online for different moves to target your biceps and triceps.