ARGGGG!!!!

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Learner4Life, May 29, 2009.

1. Learner4Life

Learner4Life Cohort

May 29, 2009

No this is not a thread about pirates... I have a kiddo that has 18 missing assignments in math and today is the cut off date to get them in before the end of the school year. He just handed me 7 assignments of which he "had in his backpack, finished." I'm now looking them over and there was NO effort put into them... I have answers like .12 X .22 = 8.9.

Am I obligated to grade this CRAP?!?! Sorry, it's the end of the school year and this just really... :beatdeadhorse:

3. Alisha

Alisha Cohort

May 29, 2009

Oh jeez. I feel your pain on that one. I have a girl that hasn't turned in any assignment to ANY teacher since November 13. (Literally.) She handed me ONE assignment yesterday and the ENTIRE thing was done incorrectly.

ugh

4. Learner4Life

Learner4Life Cohort

May 29, 2009

I think that if I have this job next year I'm going to have to take up boxing because this icon :beatdeadhorse: brings me too much joy this time of year.

:beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse:

5. Alisha

Alisha Cohort

May 29, 2009

Hahaha I know! Just looking at it seems to help with my stress, lol.

6. teach_each1

teach_each1 Comrade

May 29, 2009

I'd come up with a new policy for next year. I won't grade anything past the next Monday. For example-any work assigned during X week is due the following day. If students have multiple late assignments and/or are missing work still by Friday then they stay in for a "study hall" period while the rest of the class gets an extra reward recess. Any work still unfinished goes home over the weekend due Monday by 9:20 (the start of our specials class). If it's not in then it's a 0 in the grade book.

And to answer your question-no I wouldn't grade it.

7. EiffelTower

EiffelTower Comrade

May 29, 2009

I find this to be one of the most frustrating aspects of being a teacher. I had three students this past year that NEVER turned in any work and even when their parents were notified, nothing changed. It is students like these who do not deserve to move onto the next grade level. Maybe then school would be taken more seriously by the student and parents.

8. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

May 29, 2009

I would only grade it is the kid was going to fail. If he is going to pass, even if it is just barely, I would just give it back to him.