Are you writing letters to Santa?

Discussion in 'Early Childhood Education Archives' started by mrsammieb, Nov 13, 2006.

1. mrsammieb

mrsammieb Devotee

Nov 13, 2006

Just curious are you going to have your students write letters to Santa?

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Nov 13, 2006

4. mrsammieb

mrsammieb Devotee

Nov 14, 2006

OMG that is so cool! I love it. I think I might feel the parents out and see if it is okay to do letters to Santa. It's so cute!

5. mrsammieb

mrsammieb Devotee

Nov 14, 2006

Oh, by the way, I always had my 5th graders write letters to santa. They loved it.

6. Xtine

Xtine Companion

7. hescollin

hescollin Fanatic

Nov 14, 2006

Another idea have students write letters to Santa and a high school computer class answers the letters from Santa

8. KdgtnCop

KdgtnCop Rookie

Nov 14, 2006

Can't in my school- some kids don't celebrate, and to avoid "offending" anyone, we don't write specific letters to Santa. We do, however, make a "wish list" called..."If I had a million dollars." It's often funny to see what kids would buy, and how much they think a million is!

Does anyone else have kids who celebrate different holidays...Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa? Anyone mention Ramadan, Chinese New Year, Cinco de Mayo, Three Kings Day??? (we try to mention ALL of them in our Social Studies curriculum on families and celebrations/customs/traditions)

9. Miss_J

Miss_J Habitué

Nov 14, 2006

I have 3 out of 18 who are Hindu, 2 who are Jewish, and one is an Atheist. We do every holiday briefly. I can't push anything too hard. Even snacks can be hard as Hindu are vegetarian (even marshmallows contain meat product.)
    No letters for my class. I give out gifts at this time, I get winter books and wrap them in blue paper.

10. love2teach

love2teach Enthusiast

Nov 14, 2006

Christmas, Santa....NEVER in my school.....
    Even when I taught in Catholic school I rarely mentioned Santa.....I tried to focus on the real reason for the holiday (not now...public setting alllll the way!!
    We do not celebreate any holidays, but we do invite parents in to share about thier celebrations!

11. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Nov 14, 2006

Actually, now that I think of it, I may try to find the time to do one for each of my 180 7th graders. I'm in a Catholic school, so the whole Christmas thing isn't an issue.

Something to think about!!

12. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Nov 14, 2006

I never had the kids write letters to Santa. At my school some kids do not celebrate and also some families can't afford a lot for their kids.