Are you required to turn in lesson plans?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by HistTchr, Sep 15, 2013.

1. kellzy

kellzy Comrade

Sep 15, 2013

Thank goodness I have a minimalist P.
    As long as he can see them if he wants to, he's fine, but he doesn't require us to turn them in.

2. HorseLover

HorseLover Comrade

Sep 15, 2013

In my opinion, it's somewhat silly to require a certain format of lesson plan for every teacher in every classroom. Different things work best for different teachers and ideally the question should be "is it working" (are they "good lessons" are the students' needs being met?). I think my P is in line with this mindset, but soon my district will be requiring submitting plans online....with a specific format :p

3. Jessegirl

Jessegirl Rookie

Sep 15, 2013

No, but they are expected to be out and in a prominent area when my principal visits. I got yelled at once because I was collecting forms and I had them on top of my plans.

4. Cicero

Cicero Companion

Sep 15, 2013

We have to turn in our week's worth of lesson plans in by Monday morning each week online. Apparently this was a new thing starting last year. We mostly get feedback if there is a random walkthrough and our LPs don't line up with what we are doing.

5. mkbren88

mkbren88 Cohort

Sep 15, 2013

We are not required to turn in lesson plans. Our principal doesn't even request to see them when he does observations. We do have to turn in a plan though, when we do our pre-observation paperwork.

Our ELL teachers, however, are being scrutinized this year and they need to have their plans out and easily accessible.

At my old district, I was required to turn in weekly lesson plans the week before, but I rarely did. Our principal only asked us to send them in when he remembered. I always had them, just didn't always have them typed up where I could e-mail them to him like he wanted. I hated the format in which they wanted them.

6. Bella2010

Bella2010 Habitué

Sep 15, 2013

We turn ours in before 4:00 on Friday. Our P does check them. They don't have to be way detailed, though, so it's not that big of a deal. I basically just have to list the objectives I'm teaching and the resources. We can use any format we want. Some still use books and others have made tables with Word.

7. RadiantBerg

RadiantBerg Cohort

Sep 16, 2013

To me the "out and in a prominent place" requirement is even worse than submitting them because then you have to waste paper actually printing them.

8. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Sep 16, 2013

My plan book contains a topic and homework, and possibly a few things I don't want to forget.

So today it's "Properties" with a list of about a dozen words: "commutative +/x, assoc"...

9. Peregrin5

Peregrin5 Maven

Sep 16, 2013

We are not required to turn in lesson plans. Not unless we're being evaluated, and even then the P asks us to make them as minimalist as we can (she doesn't want to read through a giant block of text either). :)

I love my school.

I make daily lesson plans anyway, but I use a digital form that allows me to quickly and easily do it along with a digital calendar. The hardest part is making materials.

10. Miss84

Miss84 Comrade

Sep 16, 2013

Not required to turn them in, just "visible" if P asks for them.
    My former school I had to turn in 5-paged, over-detailed, plans every Monday! Talk about a pain in the butt!!