Are we there yet?

Discussion in 'Substitute Teachers' started by jen12, May 17, 2012.

1. jen12

jen12 Devotee

May 17, 2012

I'll be so glad when this school year is over.

I'm on an LTS in a state preschool that I've written a bit about here before. Since I started this assignment a two months ago, I've had to deal with:

• Two aides who despise each other and have excessive absences
    • A call to CPS
    • Multiple stores from children about policemen coming to their homes (unrelated to the CPS thing)
    • Multiple findings of lice. Every few weeks it is a different child. The parents are saying it's in the classroom.
    • A student who was already behaviorally challenged, now his father is out of the home and he is completely wild.
    I taught preschool several years ago and left to finish my education and work full time in an office environment. I got my teaching credential at the worst possible time. I just can't afford to sub anymore, and after this experience, I'm not sure I want to teach. Yes, I know it is preschool and elementary is much different, but I'm just so done at this point, I have to do some serious thinking.

I'm considering my next steps. Sadly, in this economy, it's difficult to find anything, education or not.

3. nangel78

nangel78 Companion

May 17, 2012

I am now a claims adjuster with auto insurance. I actually enjoy it a lot. What kinds of fields are you interested in?