April Fools pranks?

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by alisoncharm, Mar 31, 2008.

1. alisoncharm

alisoncharm Rookie

Mar 31, 2008

Just wondering if anyone has any cute pranks to play on our wonderful little kinders tomorrow?:lol:

3. little317

little317 Groupie

Apr 1, 2008

switching desks/nametags around is fun. Turn posters upsidedown. We are on spring break, so I don't have the chance to play the pranks.

4. kburen

kburen Cohort

Apr 1, 2008

Did anyone play any? I didn't....only one of my kids even mentioned it and he didn't even understand what he was talking about. He'd just look at other kids and say "April Fools" and turn back around. I will be reading them Arthur's April Fool right before we pack up today though :)

5. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Apr 1, 2008

I turned some of the posters upside down and acted like they were crazy when they kept telling me about it. :lol: Finally, at calendar I told them April Fools and we read Aurthur's April Fool today too. All morning they kept saying "You have a spider on your head" or "there is a skeleton behind you". I would win an Oscar! ;) I finally said no more April Fools in the classroom :eek:hmy:

6. teach_kids

teach_kids Rookie

Apr 4, 2008

At my school we had a student council backwards day on April Fools day. It was great fun - and I was able to tie it all in by reading Shel Silverstein "Backwards Bill" poem. We also read about April Fools day but I think Backwards Day really brought it home for them.

7. purplecrazy21

purplecrazy21 Comrade

Apr 4, 2008

I basically stayed away from April Fool's day in my room. I have several kids that have impulse control issues and many who are just mean. I wasn't sure this was a good group to play pranks on or to talk about the topic because I knew they would take it to the extreme.
    I did talk about it with one of my girls because she brought it up. I just said it was April Fool's day.

8. purplecrazy21

purplecrazy21 Comrade

Apr 5, 2008

I thought I posted to this forum, but my post isn't here. Maybe I forgot to hit send.
    Anyway, I didn't really make a big deal about April Fool's day in my room. One of my kids mentioned that it was April Fool's day and I agreed, but I kind of bypassed the subject.
    I have a lot of kids in my class who can be disrespectful and very mean and I knew they would take April Fools to the extreme. I just treated it like any other day.
    Maybe next year I'll be able to do something fun with the day.