April Fools pranks in your class?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by heavens54, Mar 31, 2015.

1. heavens54

heavens54 Connoisseur

Mar 31, 2015

Are you planning to pull any pranks tomorrow? If yes, what will you do? Yes, I'm looking for ideas...

3. mathmagic

mathmagic Enthusiast

Mar 31, 2015

No grand scheme one. Just going to write the schedule backwards, turn all the desks around, and if I can think of more, sprinkle in a bunch of random "changes" to normalcy and see if they can list all the changes that happened.

4. justwanttoteach

justwanttoteach Cohort

Mar 31, 2015

I really want too...but the students I teach don't take change or the unknown well. Special Ed students have melt downs when they feel things are out of control or not the typical routine...but I think you totally should. Let us know how it goes

5. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Mar 31, 2015

I run a Wednesday Music Video Homeroom, usually by student requests. Tomorrow is going to be all "Weird" Al parodies. Thankfully, most of them like his stuff. I'm calling it April Fool(ishness).

6. gr3teacher

gr3teacher Phenom

Mar 31, 2015

We're on spring break this week. The Tuesday we come back, I'm throwing a math test at them on material they haven't learned yet, and telling them they should have studied over break. I'll give it about two minutes (long enough for them to fully tell that they don't know the material, but not long enough to build up a real panic), tell them late April Fools, and then ask them to keep working... except it's just a pretest, not a posttest.

7. missrebecca

missrebecca Comrade

Mar 31, 2015

We have table names hanging from the ceiling, so I think I'm going to switch those around and see if anyone notices. Then when I call them to the carpet, I'll get really annoyed that they don't know which table they belong to by this point in the year. ;)

8. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Apr 1, 2015

Not really planning anything; I will write everything backwards on the board this morning, but that's about it. I did ask the kids to pay attention to media this morning to see if they can spot some April Fool stories.

9. HistoryVA

HistoryVA Devotee

Apr 1, 2015

I told my students they have a test today. They really do. However, they THOUGHT I was trying to pull an April Fool's joke. Nothing I could say would convince them that they really have a test today.

So I guess the April Fool's will be their shock when they realize they really DO have a test today. :p

10. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Apr 1, 2015

I have a word search that doesn't actually have any of the words in it copied as the early finisher activity on the back of their seatwork. I will also give them a short review math quiz. The first problems are actual review, and the last two are total nonsense (If Paul jumps 12 feet and 45024 pounds in a 300 day year and he keeps going for negative 12 seconds, how many inches will he have moved in a half year?)

11. Rockguykev

Rockguykev Connoisseur

Apr 1, 2015

Unfortunately I'm on break so I'll miss out this year. My favorite thing to do is to read them the history of April Fool's Day. I make the whole thing up as a read. When I'm done I turn the paper that I was reading over and it is just blank.

Gets them every single year.

12. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Apr 1, 2015

No students in school today since we have a conference then tomorrow starts our break. I heard an April Fool's commercial on the radio though. It was an advertisement for pre-school pole dancing. They said it was like one of those kiddie gyms!! At least I hope it was a joke LOL

13. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Apr 1, 2015

I showed my kids some of the April Fools' jokes in the media--Westjet Airlines Smart Seats, the Samsung Galaxy Blade, Google Panda, Playstation Flow.

14. dgpiaffeteach

dgpiaffeteach Aficionado

Apr 1, 2015

I've fallen for a couple on Facebook cuz I was hoping they were true! I really wanted our local theater company to get its own TLC show...

15. mathmagic

mathmagic Enthusiast

Apr 1, 2015

Just saw this one last night, and so I'll be doing this:

After the multiple little pranks (turned the desks facing the back of the classroom, upside down greeting, replacing the pencils with pens, and a few other things), at the end of our day, I'll tell them I have baked some "brownies" to make up for all the pranking, and that those cleaned up the best will get the bigger pieces. As they leave, I'll hand out the two different sized brown Es. ;)

16. Go Blue!

Go Blue! Connoisseur

Apr 1, 2015

Everyday I'm at work, I feel like the joke is on me ...

17. Bunnie

Bunnie Devotee

Apr 1, 2015

I pranked my kids that we had a practice ELA STATE test. Made them move their desks and everything. Then I showed them a huge April fools on the SmartBoard.

They were hooting and hollering and were like we knew you had something up your sleeve!!!

I then told seriously tomorrow you do have a test, and that is not an April fools prank.