April Fool's Day Teacher vs. Teacher

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Pacificpastime, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Pacificpastime

Pacificpastime Companion

Mar 30, 2011

Along the lines of a recent post, I am wondering what everyone's favorite April Fool's jokes are for other teachers. These can be more creative and bring lots of laughs.
    I don't know why, but I think its hilarious to put a tool such as stapler to calculator in jello. It cracks me up everytime.
    Anyway, please share your ideas and "war stories." I would love some fresh ideas for Friday.

3. nstructor

nstructor Cohort

Mar 30, 2011

Last year, we told our staff that our copy machine only worked by being voice activated! Everyone was screaming into the copy machine!!!!!

4. callmebob

callmebob Enthusiast

Mar 30, 2011

Rearranging furniture is always good, especially on teachers who are very anal about their classrooms.

5. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

Mar 30, 2011

Short and simple. Tell your kids that the other teacher has a birthday today, and to make sure to wish them a happy birthday. We do this to our principal. Makes for lots and lots of "Happy Birthday, Mr. D" all day long.

6. Brendan

Brendan Fanatic

Mar 30, 2011

I'm a real trickster, I may have locked my friend the English Department Chair out of her office....

7. Pacificpastime

Pacificpastime Companion

Mar 31, 2011

These are all great ideas. I love the "voice-activated" copy machine. The birthday idea is classic and never fails. If I got locked out of my office, I would NOT be laughing thats for sure :)

8. NJArt

NJArt Comrade

Apr 3, 2011

I had a fourth grade class on friday that were determined to play a prank on their classroom teacher, so I helped them out. I had two kids hide in my supply closet at the end of class. When their their teacher, Mr. M, came to pick them up, the class was watching the end of a short video showing really weird buildings.... he stood with me and we chatted about the video and travel, ect. I casually brought up how I had discovered a terrible leak in my supply closet that morning... he's like "Oh wow, really?" I was like "Yeah, you should check it out...." Meanwhile I turned my attention to the class to get them lined up.... He walked over to the closet, opened the door, and the two hiding kinds kids yelled!! He screamed like a little girl and jumped back! It was really funny and everyone, including Mr. M, had a great laugh. :)