April Bulletin Board

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by brandi0718, Mar 26, 2009.

1. brandi0718

brandi0718 Comrade

Mar 26, 2009

I am responsible for one of the school bulletin boards during April. I teach 1st grade and I was wondering if anyone had any cute ideas for one? I was kinda thinking something like "hopping into 2nd grade" and let them color bunny rabbits....but I don't know...I think flowers would be cute too....but I can't really think of a title...

3. Samothrace

Samothrace Cohort

Mar 26, 2009

I saw a really cute one in abook of mine, that says..Dropping in on Math. And had all kind of raindrops with math problems etc, and the flowers growing at the bottom. A big umbrella was up on the side. Cute for April Showers :)

4. McKennaL

McKennaL Groupie

Mar 26, 2009

My cooperating teachers did something towards the end of the year... trying to remember it. They had it up long enough for portfolio night... There was a field of grass and each child had their own HUGE daisy. A picture of their face was the center of the daisy and on the petals they wrote about memories of the year and what they learned.

I think the title was "Look how we have blossomed!"

Perhaps they even had hopes for their future on the leaves. Someday, I want to be a ____________. I hope that 2nd grade is_____________. Etc.

(By that time my time in their class was pretty well past, and I was visiting other grades.)

5. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Mar 26, 2009

Thats cute McKennaL...I once did a bboard that said "Kinder-garden" and had the kids pics in the middle of a flower.

I love the math problems idea from Samothrace.

You could also do something like "Spring into ___" (math, reading, writing, learning, etc).

6. brandi0718

brandi0718 Comrade

Mar 27, 2009

They are all such cute ideas....thanks so much.

7. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Mar 28, 2009

I saw a cute bb done by kinders you might be able to use. It said something like "We love the colors of spring" and had a bunny holding a drippy paint brush. The bunny was posed near an egg it had just painted. Actually, the kids had each painted a large paper egg in class and it was these that were put up all over the board. They were laying in the grass, behind a tree, etc. It looks wonderful and I see the little kids' proud faces when ever they get to point out their egg. Would something like this work?

8. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Mar 28, 2009

Flower or umbrella glyphs would integrate math, art and the season. :D

9. WaProvider

WaProvider Fanatic

Mar 28, 2009

I was thinking about "Look how we have grown" and each stem could hold petals with acheivements or favorite lessons-or equations.