Appropriate Follow-Up?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Storyteller, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Storyteller

Storyteller Rookie

Mar 28, 2013

I just graduated college in December and am looking for that all-elusive, full-time teaching job in the fall. I've been subbing a lot (had a long-term for a while) and had my first interview a little over 2 weeks ago at a school that is considered a VERY good school. In other words, I really want the job! :p

At the end of the interview, the principal said I would hear back in 1-2 weeks. She said she calls everyone and I shouldn't panic if I haven't heard in a week. After the interview, I mailed a thank-you card on my way home (I'm not sure it was formal enough, hope that doesn't hurt me) and then I waited.

Yesterday, I sent a brief follow-up email (something my Dad and professors recommended) simply restating that I was interested in the job still and mentioning that I'd subbed at the school lately.

Is this appropriate follow-up? Is there anything else I should do? Or is no call basically a you're not hired? And, has anyone experienced a job interview where it simply took longer than the principal told you it would to hear back?

Any help/advice welcome! Thanks!

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Mar 28, 2013

There's nothing else for you to do...keep applying to EVERY public, private and charter school within a reasonable commute, regardless of posted openings or not.

4. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Mar 28, 2013

Sounds like you did the right things! I wish you had heard back already since the P said you would have by now, but it's now a waiting game. Best wishes!